Insalata con le arance
Lettuce and orange salad Our original home cooking
Oranges flavor green salad a lot, especially lettuce. This is a healthy recipe, full of nutrients. A good but healthy recipe is peculiar of the Mediterranean diet. Easy to do, quick recipe for your winter and spring menus. Vegetarian dish, obviously ;))
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) lettuce
- 1 200g (7 ounces) orange
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 15 minutes
plus time for washing lettuce
cooking: not required
total time: 15 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 72 (kcal) 4 % GDA (*)- 300 (kJ)
Protein: 1.3 (g) 3 % GDA
Total fat: 5.2 (g) 8 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 5.2 (g) 2 % GDA
Sugars: 5.2 (g) 6 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (91 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Orange and lettuce salad recipe
- - Wash lettuce carefully and then put it into a colander to drain.
This should be done just before serving to have a better salad.
- - Peel your orange.
Remember to hold it over a bowl to collect its juices.
Slide the blade of a sharp knife along one side of each membrane, then along the opposite side of every segment to free it from both sides of the membrane.
Drop it into the bowl and continue with the next segment. If it is too difficult, you can cut your peeled fruit crossways into slices.
- - Add lettuce leaves, cut into pieces by hands.
Season with olive oil and salt.
If you want, you can add the orange juice to olive oil too.
Just before serving
- - Serve your orange and lettuce salad at once, to avoid any oxidation.
- - If you want, you can squeeze half an orange and emulsify its juice with olive oil and salt to get a more flavorful side dish.
- - Often, when I buy organic oranges, I do not peel them. But you have to like its peel, of course.
- - You can add some drops of balsamic vinegar, walnuts or almonds or whatever you think may be good in this dish.
- - Lettuce and orange salad is perfect to accompany roasted fish or meat. In fact a side dish like this should be eaten with not elaborate main courses.
- - You can lower its calories and fat by decreasing olive oil amount.
- - Fiber per serving: 1.5 grams
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1