Lettuce with apples, sultanas and pine nuts Our original home cooking
Generally, I prepare this green salad for Christmas and when I have guests in autumn and winter. It is quick to make if you use ready-to-eat lettuce that is lettuce in modified atmosphere pack. I prefer to buy green salad in the nearest farmer market but when I have little time I confess it is really handy.
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 200g (7 ounces) lettuce, cleaned, washed and well drained
- 30g (1 ounce) pine nuts
- 40g (1.4 ounces) sultanas
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Half a lemon
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: not required
total: 15 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 119 (kcal) 6 % GDA (*)- 496 (kJ)
Protein: 2.3 (g) 5 % GDA
Total fat: 7.6 (g) 11 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 10.8 (g) 4 % GDA
Sugars: 10.8 (g) 12 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (102 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for lettuce salad with apples, sultanas and pine nuts
- - Soak sultanas in warm water for about 20-30 minutes.
Then squeeze of their soaking water.
- - Generally, I rinse ready to eat lettuce at least once, quickly.
- - Put lettuce in a large bowl.
Add pine nuts, sultanas and apple cubes, sprinkled with lemon juice.
You have to add apple cubes just before serving your side dish.
- - Season to taste with olive oil and salt.
Just before serving
- - Your dish is ready to serve.
- - You can use corn salad (Valerianella locusta) too for this side dish. My tip is to avoid it when you have guests. It is not appreciated by all.
- - Choose the apples you prefer.
- - Lettuce with apples, pinenuts and sultanas is the best side dish for boiled meat, veal cutlets (Milanese style), grilled meat or fish.
- - It's a very tasty dish for a meal, buffet-style. In this case the doses are enough for 12 people.
- - Tip for your everyday menu. Being a rich side dish, prepare it to accompany grilled fish or meat dishes that require little seasoning.
- - Fiber per serving: 2.1 grams
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1