Fave alle acciughe
Anchovy-flavored fava beans Traditional recipe of Marche - Italy
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 400 g (14 oz) fresh fava beans, shelled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 anchovy fillets
- Dried marjoram
- Extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: n.c. (kcal) - n.c. (kJ)
Protein: n.c. (g)
Total fat: n.c. (g)
Total carbohydrate: n.c. (g)
Sugars: n.c. (g)
Download free PDF version (151 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Anchovy-flavoured fava beans is a typical dish made in spring when it's easy to find these pulses fresh in their shell.
This fava dish is very simple and ideal for health diet.
Boil the fava beans in salted water.
Meanwhile chop the garlic and anchovy fillets very finely and put in a bowl. Add the marjoram, olive oil and vinegar according to your taste.
Drain the fava beans very well and put in the bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir accurately.
The dish is ready to serve.
- - It's difficult to say how much time is necessary to cook the fava beans. It depends on their size.
- - You can prepare this fava bean recipe ahead. Obviously it is tastier.
- - You can modify the dressing sauce. You can decide not to use anchovies in oil for example. The dressing sauce can be also made with fresh chives (finely chopped), extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. The best choice for people who don't like garlic. In the photo you can see this recipe.
- - Imagine how tasty is this recipe with organic ingredients!
- - Serve this fava bean recipe as side-dish or appetizer or in a buffet full of cold and warm dishes.
- - It's impossible to calculate the nutrition facts of this recipe for the amount of olive oil can vary very much according to the personal taste.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1