Melanzane fritte in umido
Fried and stewed eggplants Our original home cooking
I call this way a recipe with eggplants that requires a few extra minutes to be prepared but you can use it in many different ways. For example, you can dress pasta or serve it as a side dish or appetizer. It is delicious cold too. You can prepareit in advance. In other words, it is deal for your invitations in the summer. But do not ask me calories ... ;) Simple to do, vegan recipe.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 600g (1.3 pounds) elongated eggplants
- 250g (8.8 ounces) ripe but firm cherry tomatoes
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 to 2 chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 40 minutes
total: 1 hour
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: n.c. (kcal) - n.c. (kJ)
Protein: n.c. (g)
Total fat: n.c. (g)
Total carbohydrate: n.c. (g)
Sugars: n.c. (g)
Download free PDF version (55 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Fried eggplant stew recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Discard the ends of the eggplants.
Wash and dry them.
Cut them into cubes but do not peel them.
You should cut them just before frying (they change color immediately).
- - Heat abundant peanut oil.
- - Deep fry eggplant cubes, 2 to 3 minutes.
Transfer them with a skimming ladle on a dish covered with absorbent kitchen paper. Put them apart.
- - Fry slightly chopped onion and chili peppers in olive oil, stirring often, on a very low heat.
Wash, dry and halve cherry tomatoes. Add them to the pan.
Dilute tomato paste in a tablespoon hot water and add this mixture too.
Continue cooking, stirring now and then, some minutes.
Add deep fried eggplants.
Season to taste with salt.
Let all flavor, a couple of minutes.
Turn off the stove, add aromatic herbs and stir accurately. Remove chili peppers.
Just before serving
- - Your dish is ready!
Serve fried eggplant stew cold or warm.
- - To absorb as much as possible the olive oil used for frying, transfer the eggplants on clean absorbent paper put on a first plate and then on another absorbent paper on a second dish. Throw away the paper. Each time you have fried a part of eggplants, you have to repeat these steps.
- - The choice of cherry tomatoes can vary the taste of your dish completely. Choose pulpy and little watery little tomatoes.
- - Deep fried and stewed eggplants is a recipe you can use in a lot of ways.
Season pasta or rice and serve them also cold.
Make assorted antipasto platters combining eggplants with salami or smoked fishes in slices.
Serve it as side dish to accompany grilled fish or meat.
Serve it in your meals, buffet style.
Spread it on bruschettas for your aperitivo (happy hour).
- - It is impossible to calculate the calories of this dish correctly. Eggplants absorb much oil in frying and much depends on their variety and many other factors.
Therefore, you can read below the values in nutrient for only the ingredients listed excluding frying.
Energy: 114 kcal (477 kJ)
total fat: 8.2g
total carbo: 7.8g
- - Fiber per servin: 5.1g
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1