Peperoncini dolci e patate
Pan fried baby sweet peppers and potatoes Our original home cooking
Have you ever tried the sweet peppers with potatoes, pan fried in olive oil and still crunchy? It is a delicious side dish that is worth a try. It is an unmissable dish for vegans and vegetarians. Recipe for the Mediterranean diet, suitable for summer and early autumn.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 500g (1.1 pounds) baby sweet peppers
- 500g (1.1 pounds) potatoes
- 40g (1.3 ounces) shallot
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chilli
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 40 minutes
total: 1 hour
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 180 (kcal) 9 % GDA (*)- 755 (kJ)
Protein: 3.2 (g) 7 % GDA
Total fat: 8.9 (g) 13 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 23.5 (g) 9 % GDA
Sugars: 5.2 (g) 6 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (45 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Pan fried baby sweet peppers and potatoes recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Peel and cube potatoes.
Place them in a non stick frying pan together with olive oil, chilli and rosemary. Let all fry slightly on a very low heat. Stir very often.
Once golden and crunchy, remove them from the pan with a skimming ladle. Put them apart.
- - Meanwhile ...
... clean baby sweet peppers.
Eliminate their end, cut them in half and remove their seeds inside.
Wash them under running water and pat dry their excess water.
- - Fry slightly baby sweet pepper in the same olive oil where you have fried potatoes.
Turn them over very often not to brown them.
Once cooked but still crunchy, remove them from the pan with a skimming ladle and put them apart.
Just before serving
- - Slice shallot and let it fry sightly in the same olive oil used for potatoes and baby sweet peppers.
Do not brown it.
Add potatoes and baby sweet peppers.
Season to taste with salt and complete cooking very quickly, stirring often.
Once turned off the stove, add chives too and stir accurately.
- - Serve this dish still hot.
- - You could cook potatoes and baby sweet peppers ahead and complete cooking just before serving.
I choose this dish very often when i have to plan a dinner party fo this reason.
- - Pan fried baby sweet peppers and potatoes is a tasty dish even if heated.
- - If you have a nonstick pan that works well, olive oil should be enough. Otherwise, you'll have to add at least one more tablespoon when you fry shallots.
- - Pan fried baby sweet peppers and potatoes recipe is ideal for summer and early autumn whn you can still buy peppers easily.
- - It is a perfect side dish to accompany simple recipes made with meat or fish (grilled or steamed recipes).
- - But it is a good choice for people who follow a vegetarian or vegan diet. In this case it serves two.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Are you interested in the Mediterranean diet? follow the link
- - The two main ingredients, that is sweet peppers and potatoes, easily absorb olive oil in cooking and so you have to be careful to the temperature. It must not be very high.
- - Fiber per serving: 3.7 grams
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1