Stuffed cherry tomatoes Our original home cooking
Stuffed tomatoes are quite long to do but they are also a plate of success. I prepare them in many different ways but in this case the two fillings were appreciated so much that I want to share them with you: the first is cottage cheese combined with salmon in brine and the second scrambled eggs with bacon! Therefore, two different series but to serve together. Let's see recipe how-to!
Ingredients / Serves 12
- 50 cherry tomatoes
- Ricotta filling
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 50g (1 3/4 ounce) salmon carpaccio in brine
- Egg filling
- 2 eggs
- 30g (1 ounce) smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Some sprigs fresh chives
preparation: 60 minutes
plus resting time
cooking: 10 minutes
total: 1 hour 10 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 69 (kcal) 4 % GDA (*)- 287 (kJ)
Protein: 4.0 (g) 8 % GDA
Total fat: 4.7 (g) 7 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 2.7 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 2.7 (g) 3 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (61 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Stuffed cherry tomato recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare cherry tomatoes.
Clean and wash cherry tomatoes.
Pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
Cut a cap off the top of tomatoes. Using a teaspoon, scoop out tomato pulp.
Turn them upside down to remove their vegetation water.
Let them rest for about 30 minutes.
- - Meanwhile ...
... prepare fillings.
Ricotta-and-salmon filling: cut salmon slices into little pieces, mix with ricotta and stir.
Scrambled egg filling: wash and pat dry chives. Let bacon fry slightly in olive oil, add eggs and a pinch of salt and stir, quickly and continuously, with a wooden spoon. Once cooked the eggs, cut in chives and stir again to amalgamate.
- - Assemble the dish.
Salt slightly the inside of cherry tomatoes.
Distribute the two fillings. You'll be able to stuff about 20 cherry tomatoes with ricotta filling and 30 with egg filling.
Place every tomato in the serving platter.
Just before serving
- - Chill until serving.
Remember to remove your stuffed cherry tomatoes at least 15 minutes before serving.
- - I also tested smoked salmon with a great result. The only difference is a stronger flavor, obviously.
- - The number of tomatoes you'll be able to fill depends on many factors. First of all their size. Remember, however, they should be eaten in one bite.
- - Stuffed cherry tomatoes are very versatile. They're special for meals, buffet-style of all kind but you need help in assembling them.
- - They are delicious for happy hour. Do you know what is it? It's the time in the evening to enjoy Italian aperitivo accompanied by appetizers, together with friends, at home or bar.
- - I use them to assemble assorted antipasto platter according to the Italian style, that is I combine them with cold cuts or smoked fish in slices.
- - You can also think of them if you want to prepare assorted snacks to eat watching TV.
- - To adjust the doses, follow my tips.
These stuffed cherry tomatoes serve 12 only in meals, buffet-style or when they complete assorted antipasto platter in full menus, that is in all those circumstances in which courses are numerous and everyone tastes everything.
For happy hour all depends on what you want to match.
If they become a dinner then the numbers change completely.
- - Do not be fooled by the low number of calories. Actually, they refer to only four tomatoes per head. A starting point to be able to multiply then ... depending on how many you eat!!!!
- - Fiber per serving: 1.3 grams.
What's the right wine for " Stuffed cherry tomatoes "?
For me and my husband the best choice is Valdobbiadene Prosecco produced by the firm Le Carline. We know the owners very well and like very much their organic wines.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 2