Crema ai pomodori e topinambur
Cream with tomatoes and Jerusalem artichokes Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 3
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 800 g (1 3/4 lb) very ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 4 little young onions or half an onion, finely chopped
- 1 potato
- 4 or 5 Jerusalem artichokes
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 250 ml (8 fl oz - 1 C) milk
- 1l (35 fl oz - 4 1/2 C) water
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: 1h and 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: XX (kcal) - XX (kJ)
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
Download free PDF version (107 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
In a medium saucepan add oil, onions and tomatoes. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile peel the potato and Jerusalem artichokes and cut them into big pieces. Add them to the tomato mixture with the herbs and water. Half-cover and keep on cooking over a gentle heat for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
When the water is reduced, transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and purée. Return the purée in the saucepan, whisk in the milk, season to taste with salt and bring to the boil slowly. At this point add 2 teaspoons maize starch with a colander, stirring continuously until you obtain a smooth cream.
Serve hot or warm.
What's the right wine for " Cream with tomatoes and Jerusalem artichokes "?
Isonzo Riesling Renano: a white wine from Friuli Venezia Giulia -Italy.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1