Minestra di fave e pomodorini a ciliegia
Soup with broad beans & cherry tomatoes Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 450 g (1 lb) frozen broad beans
- 200 g (7oz) canned cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried bay leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons frozen parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 ladles tiny soup pasta (pastina)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Chilli pepper oil, if you like
- Grated Parmesan, if you like
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: 35-40 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: XX (kcal) - XX (kJ)
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
Download free PDF version (134 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Bring to the boil 1 l (35 fl oz - 4 1/2 C) salt water; pour in frozen broad (fava) beans together
with dried bay leaves and bring to the boil again. Cook for about 15 minutes. Purée the third part of the soup and put in the
saucepan again. Add cherry tomatoes with their juice, marjoram, parsley and chives. Season to taste with salt and bring to the boil
again. At this point add tiny soup pasta and keep on cooking according the time on the package, stirring now and then.
Remember to keep some boiling water over a low heat; in fact you could have to add other water according to your taste.
Remove from the heat, add olive oil and stir.
Serve with grated Parmesan and spicy hot; everyone will be able to add one of them or both in his dish directly, if he likes.
What's the right wine for " Soup with broad beans & cherry tomatoes "?
Our suggestion is: Salice Salentino Rosato (wine from Apulia - Italy)
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1