Many Christmas decorations can be made very simply reusing old ornaments. It's the case of this wreath to be hung outside the door, in the shop window or on a wall. Sprigs of red berries, variegated ivy and white silk roses are a beautiful sight. Do you agree? ... and your door wreath will be very original, unusual this year!
You will need
- A very long branch of silk variegated ivy
- A lot of red berry sprigs
- 3 white silk roses
- Christmas grape cluster
- A long red cord
- Artificial snow for Christmas decorations
- Iridescent flakes
- Spray glue
- Hot-glue gun
- Thick iron wire
- Green florist wire
- Cutting nippers
Berry-and-ivy Christmas wreath How-To
- Form a circle the size you want with thick iron wire.
- Fix the ivy branch to the circular wire form with some little pieces of green florist wire.
- Then stick the red berry sprigs, one after the other, together with the ivy and the wire form using the hot-glue pistol. To get a good look use a lot of sprigs and incline them differently.
Look at the
photo to see more details.
- Prepare the roses.
Remove their stalks and spray the glue over them.
Then sprinkle the roses with artificial snow and iridescent flakes.
- Then fix the roses on the red wreath using the hot-glue pistol.
- Fix the grape cluster too.
- Roll up the red cord and fix the ends behind.
- Your berry-and-ivy Christmas wreath is ready!
If you want, you can spray all the wreath with glue and then sprinkle with
- We specified no amount for all the materials because they depend on the size you need. You can use other Christmas decorations and more roses, if you want.
- You can buy decorated roses and a red berry wreath base, so you need less time.
Another tip to save time: use floral foam wreath but be careful: you'll need more ivy and berry sprigs!
- The circular wire support must be very hard. If you find a wire with a diameter of only 1.4 mm, remember to triple it.
- Apply some good chair felt pads on the back of your wreath to avoid damaging the door.