WINES OF ITALY
Ghemme - DOCG (GPDO)
- Production area of Ghemme DOCG:
- hills around the municipality of Ghemme, reaching toward the banks of the Sesia River, north of Vercelli.
- Vine selection :
- Nebbiolo (Spanna, 75-100%), Vespolina and/or Uva Rara (Bonarda from Novara, 0-25%)
- characteristic, pleasant, of violets
- dry, sapid, harmonious with pleasantly bitter finish
- Minimum alcohol content:
- 12% - 14%
- Minimum three years, of which minimum 20 months in wooden barrel and at least 9 months in bottle. Up to eight years, laying
- 12.5% - Aging: minimum four years, of which minimum 25 months in wooden barrel and nine months in bottle. Up to ten years, laying.
- Serving temperature of wine Ghemme:
- Serve the wine at: 64° Farenheit, 18° Celsius; open the bottle at least 2 hours before serving