Bruschetta with garlic and oil Authentic Italian recipe
What's the most famous Italian bruschetta? with garlic and oil on the top, obviously! To make garlic-and-oil bruschetta you'll need few but good-quality ingredients: bread slices from a loaf (possibly without salt), garlic, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Be careful in the olive oil choice, the most important ingredient according to the principles of Mediterranean diet!
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 4 slices (200g - 7 ounces) Italian loaf
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper, if desired
preparation: 5 minutes
cooking: few minutes
total: 15 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 185 (kcal) 10 % GDA (*)- 704 (kJ)
Protein: 4.4 (g) 9 % GDA
Total fat: 5.3 (g) 8 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 30.1 (g) 12 % GDA
Sugars: 1.1 (g) 2 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (117 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Garlic-and-oil bruschetta recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare all ingredients.
Clean garlic cloves and halve.
Toast both sides of bread slices, slightly.
- - Prepare garlic bruschettas.
Rub garlic on one side of each bread slice and sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
Brush olive oil.
Just before serving
- - Serve your bruschettas warm.
- - If you don't like garlic, you can substitute it with chives and young fresh onions, finely chopped.
Or, simply, serve toasted bread with olive oil, salt and pepper. It is also delicious without garlic, provided you use good-quality olive oil :))
- - "Bruschetta" (Italian toasts) is one of the best solutions for an afternoon snack or for beginning your meal, Italy-style. It can also be a dinner, especially when a great variety of them can be prepared.
- - I always avoid any bruschetta in formal invitations. In any case, you do not eat it with knife and fork. I remind you bread must be brought to the mouth with hands after it has been broken into not too big chunks. So it is better to avoid bruschettas in formal lunches and dinners, right? ;))
What's the right wine for " Bruschetta with garlic and oil "?
Remember that wine should be chosen according to all other dishes served together with bruschetta. It is not the case to suggest a wine only for bruschetta.
Rating: 4.5 / vote cast: 2