Insalata russa veloce
Quick to do Russian salad Our original home cooking
Russian salad is well known by everybody in the world. But it has something negative. It is very long to do if you want to prepare it from fresh vegetables. The recipe I propose is rather fast, tasty and very effective if you have unexpected guests. I always keep in the pantry all I need to do this typical Italian starter: 2 cans assorted vegetables, mayonnaise, tuna in oil, olive oil and salt.
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 2 400g (14 uunces) cans assorted vegetables
- 400g (14 ounces) tuna in oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 250ml (8 fluid ounces - 1 cup) mayonnaise
preparation: 20 minutes
plus refrigeration time
cooking: not required
total: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 375 (kcal) 19 % GDA (*)- 1569 (kJ)
Protein: 16.2 (g) 33 % GDA
Total fat: 32.0 (g) 46 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 5.2 (g) 2 % GDA
Sugars: 0 (g)
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (175 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Russian salad recipe
- - Prepare vegetables.
Choose canned vegetables with this combination: carrots, potatoes and peas.
Drain vegetables very well for at least an hour.
- - Assemble Russian salad.
Transfer vegetables into a bowl.
Add olive oil and season to taste with salt.
At this point add tuna, drained and crumbled with a fork, and mayonnaise.
Remember to set aside some mayonnaise to garnish your dish.
Stir with delicacy and transfer your salad into another bowl.
Level the surface and spread remaining mayonnaise on it.
If you want, you can garnish your cold salad with some pieces of assorted vegetables.
Just before serving
- - Chill in the refrigerator some hours before serving.
But remember to remove from the fridge 10 minutes before serving.
- - This is a fast recipe because you can use canned assorted vegetables and ready-to-use mayonnaise. The mayonnaise I generally use is low-fat version according to the nutritional facts on the manufacturer's label. If you want, you can prepare mayonnaise sauce and use fresh vegetables as I do for my Christmas dinner menu.
In this case you have to clean, wash and cube potatoes, celery and carrots and then boil them in different saucepans. Remember to add canned peas too to your salad in this case.
- - You can serve Russian salad as an appetizer or a side dish for roasted meat; you can prepare it for a buffet or for a special dinner full of various dishes.
Useful links for this recipe
- - You could be interested in recipe for mayonnaise sauce.
What's the right wine for " Quick to do Russian salad "?
It is not useful here to suggest any wine for Russian salad that, instead, must be chosen according to the menu.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1