Insalata di nervetti
Italian “nervetti” salad or veal shank salad Traditional recipe
Do you know how to make veal shank salad (in Italian "nervetti") at home?
To make nervetti salad you'll need: veal shanks, carrots, onion, parsleu, celery, olive oil, salt and pepper
- 2 veal shanks
- 1 stick of celery, cleaned and washed
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 2 fresh young onions, finely sliced
- Bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper, if you like
preparation: about 20 minutes
cooking: about 150 minutes
total: 2 h 50 minutes
- Nutrition Facts (amount per serving):
Calories: 234 (kCal) 12 % GDA (*) - 978 (kJ)
Protein: 15.8 (g) 22 % GDA
Total fat: 17.8 (g) 26 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 3.6 (g) 2 % GDA
Sugars: 3.6 (g) 4 % GDA
Veal shank salad or nervetti" recipe
Prepare the shanks.
Singe, scrape and wash them under running water.
Put them together with the carrot and celery in a large saucepan.
Season to taste with salt.
Then cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
When the water boils, lower the flame.
Continue cooking until the meat comes off the bone.
You need almost 2 hours and half.
At this point remove the shanks from the water and let them cool.
Cut the meat into thin strips and cube.
Put them in a bowl and season with the onions, parsley and olive oil.
Add also a pinch of pepper if you like it.
Stir and serve.
- - In Italy we call nervetti this dish. It's a traditional Italian antipasto. We serve it combined with salami platter, crostini and other tasty appetizers.
- - The preparation is very long but the results are very positive. It's an original appetizer.
- - You can prepare nervetti in advance, the day before too!