Insalata di arance
Orange salad Authentic Sicilian recipe
Orange salad is a tasty antipasto (Italian starter) or a side dish. An unusual way to eat oranges but very, very tasty! To make orange salad you'll need few ingredients: oranges, flat-leaf parsley, spring onions, extra virgin olive oil, salt and freshly ground pepper, if liked. My tip is to choose good-quality ingredients for the best result. Vegan recipe and recipe for Mediterranean diet too :))
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 4 oranges
- Bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 little fresh onions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pepper, if you like
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: no cooking
total: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 152 (kcal) 8 % GDA (*)- 637 (kJ)
Protein: 1.5 (g) 3 % GDA
Total fat: 10.4 (g) 15 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 14.1 (g) 6 % GDA
Sugars: 14.1 (g) 16 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (135 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Orange salad recipe
- - Prepare oranges.
Using a sharp knife, cut a slice from the top and the bottom of every fruit.
Place a fruit at a time on a board, bottom down.
Cut off its rind lengthways in thick strips, following its curves.
Remove all white parts that can give a bitter taste.
Then slice your fruit crossways.
- - Chop parsley and onions finely.
- - Assemble your dish.
Arrange orange slices on a deep serving plate.
Sprinkle them with chopped ingredients, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Just before serving
- - Let orange slices rest for 30 to 60 minutes in a cold place, before serving.
- - You can also season orange slices with olive oil, black olives, salt and pepper as you can see in the photo (use about 100g - 3 1/2 ounces black olives, stoned).
- - Orange salad is a tasty side dish. In fact it accompanies meat or fish dishes.
You can serve it as appetizer too, especially when you have strong-flavored assorted antipasto platter.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Interested in other recipes from Sicily or wines? follow the link!
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1