Uova “alla bella Rosina”
“Bella Rosina” eggs, that is garnished hard-boiled eggs Authentic Italian recipe of Piedmont
Eggs "bella Rosina" is a typical starter of Piedmont. This recipe was created in the 18th century.
To prepare these typical hard-boiled eggs you'll need only two ingredients: eggs and mayonnaise sauce. And just a little patience to put the egg yolk through a food mill and distribute it on the white. Look at the photo for more details!
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: 15 minutes
total: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 177 (kcal) 9 % GDA (*)- 740 (kJ)
Protein: 7.2 (g) 15 % GDA
Total fat: 16.4 (g) 24 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 0.1 (g) 1 % GDA
Sugars: 0.1 (g) 1 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (173 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Bella Rosina egg recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Hard-boiled eggs are stuffed with mayonnaise and garnished with their own yolks as you can see in the photo.
- - Halve your eggs and remove their yolks.
- - Stuff their whites with mayonnaise.
- - If you want, you can add some fresh parsley and capers (finely chopped) to mayonnaise.
- - Arrange your whites in a serving plate.
Just before serving
- - Put through a food mill the egg yolks, directly over the whites just before serving.
- - You can’t prepare these eggs in advance; their yolks would dry up.
- - Mayonnaise can be enriched with fresh or dried parsley and some capers.
- - If you like Piedmontese cuisine, look for other recipes in Piedmont page.
- - These garnished hard-boiled eggs are a typical Italian antipasto. Accompany them with assorted salami and cheese cake slices. In Italy we have the habit to serve eggs in this way especially in our Easter menu.
But you can also serve them in summer as main dish accompanied by seasonal vegetables, raw or boiled.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Interested in cheese cake, Umbria style? Follow the link for recipe directions.
- - Want to consult other Easter recipe ideas? or Italian soup directory that I mention in the next paragraph?
- - Generally I never write about nutrition facts for starters because we all eat them only on special occasions.
But Bella Rosina eggs are suitable to be served on the daily menu too.
So do this.
You can serve a soup or a low-fat pasta dish as first course, then one of these eggs per head and seasonal vegetables, raw or boiled, as second course.
On the contrary, you could double your eggs and accompany them with a side dish but be careful to dress it.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1