Antipasto misto di pesce
Assorted fish antipasto platter Our original home cooking
According to me, a fish starter has to collect a series of delicacies in the same plate without falling into excess. Otherwise, you may risk your guests do not appreciate the other dishes of your menu. In this platter you can see a few slices of smoked fish and polenta appetizers (tartine). Good solution for your Christmas or New Year dinner party menu or for your family celebrations.
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 600g (1.3 pounds) ready-to-eat polenta
- 200g (7 ounces) smoked salmon with Nori seaweed, in slices
- 140g (5 ounces) swordfish carpaccio, in slices
- 12 fresh or frozen king prawns
- Canned sweet and sour bell peppers
- Marinated anchovy fillets, in olive oil
- Almonds, in thin slices
- Truffle-flavored honey
- Fresh or dried chives
- For the salt cod sauce
- 60g (2.1 ounces) salt cod, boiled in milk
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) Italian ricotta cheese
- 2 anchovy fillets, in oil
- 1 tablespoon capers in vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 25 minutes
plus salt cod sauce preparation
cooking: 10 minutes
total: 35 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: n.c. (kcal) - n.c. (kJ)
Protein: n.c. (g)
Total fat: n.c. (g)
Total carbohydrate: n.c. (g)
Sugars: n.c. (g)
Download free PDF version (67 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Assorted fish antipasto recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Here are all the steps to prepare the assorted dish. The recipe for salt cod sauce, below!
- - Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- - Prepare king prawns.
Wash them under cold running water.
Remove their heads.
Remove their shell and then their intestine helping yourself with a toothpick or a pair of tweezers. You could leave the end of their tail if you like decorating.
Put them apart.
- - Cut polenta into 18 slices. Place them in a baking pan lined with oven paper.
Bake, 10 minutes.
- - Meanwhile, prepare all other ingredients to have them on hand, and so shorten preparation time.
Fry slightly prawns in olive oil, in a non stick frying pan. Thirty seconds per side. The sufficient time to change their color.
- - Remove polenta slices from oven.
Garnish 6 slices with anchovy fillets topped with almonds, other 6 slices with salt cod sauce and the last 6 slices with prawns brushed with honey, if liked.
Just before serving
- - Prepare individual plates as you can see in the photo and place them on your table.
- - Here is the recipe for salt cod sauce. Generally, when I boil salt cod in milk for other recipes, I have the habit to put one or two 60g (2.1 ounces) portions in my freezer in order to have them ready to prepare this sauce. This sauce is also excellent to top pasta (the amount of every portion is enough for two people) or croutons or fill vol-au-vent.
Put olive oil, anchovies and capers in a pan. Fry slightly, on low heat, and when anchovies have melted, add salt cod, minutely crushed with a fork. Cooking should be fast. Turn off the stove, add ricotta cheese and stir very well. Season with salt only if necessary.
- - This assorted antipasto platter is perfect to start a typical Italian menu.
Interested in planning the other courses?
I suggest scallop risotto or seafood pasta as first course (primo piatto) and another fish dish as second course (secondo piatto). Remember to finish your menu with a very simple dessert (fruit salad or fruit tart, for example).
Below, some useful links.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Follow the links to find the right recipe for risotto or pasta.
- - Take a look at our tasty recipes for fish.
- - Here's the list of traditional and new Italian desserts
- - It is impossible to calculate all nutrition facts of this assorted fish starter plate. But it is a dish for your important celebration dinner parties at home ... a rare event, isn't it? Do not worry of nutrition facts for once ...
What's the right wine for " Assorted fish antipasto platter "?
My husband and I uncork always a bottle of prosecco or dry sparkling wine. Perfect!
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1