Antipasto con affettati e tartine di polenta
Antipasto platter with cold cuts and canapes Our original home cooking
This assorted starter, Italian style is easy and quick to do. A smart solution when you have guests for dinner or lunch. Do you agree? If you have ready-to-cut polenta, you can prepare it in a few minutes.
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 600g (1.3 pounds) ready-to-eat polenta
- 12 quail eggs
- 24 giant green olives, in brine
- 300g (10.5 ounces) assorted cold cuts
- 4 large slices lard
- 1 280g (10 ounces) can caponata
- 1 280g (10 ounces) porcini mushrooms, in oil
- 1 130g (4.5 ounces) can dried tomato patè
preparation: 25 minutes
total: 35 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: n.c. (kcal) - n.c. (kJ)
Protein: n.c. (g)
Total fat: n.c. (g)
Total carbohydrate: n.c. (g)
Sugars: n.c. (g)
Download free PDF version (49 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for Italian starter with cold cuts and canapes
Preparation and cooking
- - Boil quail eggs, 4 minutes.
Cool them under running water.
Shell them and put apart.
- - Drain olives.
- - Cut polenta into 18 slices and then halve them.
Heat them in the oven (180°C - 350°F), few minutes.
Garnish 9 slices with caponata, 9 with paté and 9 with porcini mushrooms.
Cut lard slices into smaller pieces and place them on the remaining polenta slices.
Bake at 180°C (350°F), few minutes.
The time to arrange cold cuts, other canapes, olives and quail eggs (halved and topped with mayonnaise) on the serving plate.
Just before serving
- - Arrange the last canapes on the serving plate and serve at once.
- - Choose cold cuts according to your guests' taste.
- - This starter is perfect to begin a full Italian menu during Christmastime or every other important events in cold months.
- - The portions may be changed according to the number of the following courses. Consider that this starter is rich and so it should be followed by a pasta or rice dish with few ingredients.
Useful links for this recipe
- - If you can not find canned caponata, here's the link to its recipe.
- - Impossible to calculate the nutritional value of this dish. First of all because everyone can garnish canapes with the desired amount of caponata or patè ... And then because when everyone can serve himself from the same dish, it is impossible to know the individual serving.
What's the right wine for " Antipasto platter with cold cuts and canapes "?
Choose the right wine according to the other courses of your menu.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1