Polpettine e verdure in agrodolce
Little meatballs and sweet & sour vegetables on skewers Our original home cooking
Skewered meatballs is an exclusive appetizer recipe idea for your BBQ or buffet or alfresco dinner. Meatballs and sweet & sour vegetables on skewers can be prepared easily at home just before serving.
Ingredients / Serves 12
- For little meatballs
- 500g (1.1 pound) minced veal
- 1 egg
- Stale bread (a roll)
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated "Parmesan" cheese, if you like
- Plain dried breadcrumbs
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- For the kebabs
- 2 450g (1 pound) cans sweet & sour vegetables
- 200g (7 ounces) cheese (Italian fontina or asiago), cubed
- Com salad
- 20-24 skewers
- A loaf
preparation: 60 minutes
cooking: 15 minutes
total: 1 hour 15 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 214 (kcal) 11 % GDA (*)- 895 (kJ)
Protein: n.c. (g)
Total fat: n.c. (g)
Total carbohydrate: n.c. (g)
Sugars: n.c. (g)
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (160 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for little meatballs and sweet & sour vegetables
- - Prepare the little meatballs.
- - Soak the stale bread in warm water.
- - Beat the egg.
- - Squeeze the bread of its soaking water.
- - In a large bowl, put the bread, minced veal, herbs, beaten egg and grated "Parmesan" cheese.
- - Season to taste with salt.
- - Mix all the ingredients with your moistened fingers until a soft dough.
If the dough is too soft, you can add 1 or more tablespoons plain dried breadcrumbs.
- - You can make the same thing in a food processor or blender.
- - Form mixture into 1/2 inch meatballs.
- - Dip the meatballs into plain dried breadcrumbs.
- - Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- - Add meatballs and brown on all sides, shaking pan frequently, so balls keep their round shape.
- - Drain your little meatballs very well on paper towels.
- - Let the meatballs cool.
Just before serving
- - Prepare the kebabs.
- - Alternate the ingredients on the skewers.
- - Combine them in the following ways:
the little meatballs with cubed cheese and com salad
the little meatballs with sweet & sour vegetables.
- - You can put the kebabs on a loaf (look at the photo) or place directly on a serving plate.
- - You can prepare little meatballs in advance but not the day before.
- - With these doses you can prepare about 80 little meatballs.
They are enough for about twenty kebabs.
- - You can serve these kebabs with little meatballs and sweet & sour vegetables as appetizers in a cocktail party, in a buffet, to open an alfresco dinner or your outdoor BBQ. Another idea? think of serving them matched with an IBA cocktail or a glass or red wine while your guest are waiting to sit at table ...
- - I calculated only the calories of the ingredients that have precise doses.
It's difficult to have the right amount of plain dried breadcrumbs. It varies everytime I make this recipe.
Besides it 's very difficult to calculate the correct calories with frying technique because the amount of oil absorbed during cooking is very variable.
And the amount of oil and bread makes the difference ;)))
Rating: 4.7 / vote cast: 3