Spiedini con ciliegie, salumi e gamberi
Skewers with fruit, salami and prawns Our original home cooking
Cherries are extremely versatile. I use them both in sweet recipes (cherry tart, cherry clafoutis) and in savory dishes with meat (guinea fowl stuffed with couscous and cherries, quails with cherries) but in snacks too as in this case. For example, cherries are delicious with cheese (skewered cherries and cheese), did you know this combination? Test the recipe of this page when planning your happy hour (aperitivo, Italian-style) at home or when you have to serve a quick drink before your guests sit at table. If you are interested in other recipes with cherries you can follow the link below, at the end of this page.
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 36 (about 500g - 1.1 pound) ripe but firm cherries
- 12 (150g - 5 1/3 ounces) prawn tails
- 50g (1 3/4 ounce) speck, in slices
- 50g (1 3/4 ounce) salami, in slices
preparation: 20 minutes
plus cooling time
cooking: 5 minutes
total: 25 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 96 (kcal) 5 % GDA (*)- 402 (kJ)
Protein: 7.8 (g) 16 % GDA
Total fat: 4.4 (g) 7 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 6.7 (g) 3 % GDA
Sugars: 6.7 (g) 8 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (73 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for skewers with prawns, salami and cherries
Preparation and cooking
- - Wash and stone cherries.
Pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- - Slice salami and cut speck into pieces.
- - Prepare prawns.
Use fresh prawns, preferably, or frozen prawns.
If you use frozen prawn tails you have to thaw them following the instructions on the package.
In both cases dip your prawns in boiling water for a few seconds.
Drain, let them cool and remove their shell. Toss with a teaspoon of olive oil and chives (if you like) and let them rest for a few minutes.
You can use them only boiled, they taste good the same.
- - Assemble your skewers as you see in the picture. Use short toothpicks and insert a cherry and a shrimp (folded in half) or a cherry and a piece of salami or speck in every toothpick. Don't use long skewers. They are difficult to eat.
Just before serving
- - Arrange your skewers on a serving platter, alternating them.
Your skewers are ready!
- - Use large slices of salami to fold them better. The best is Milano salami.
- - You can prepare your skewers ahead but not too much otherwise shrimps may lose in freshness.
- - These skewers with salami, prawns and cherries are ideal for your get-togethers and formal invitations in June and July when cherries are in season. Let's see some examples.
- - Assorted appetizers for ceremony menus.
- - Happy hour at home (Italian aperitivo) when you have little time to prepare finger food.
- - Aperitif before dinner while your guests are waiting to sit at table. In this case pair a good cocktail.
- - Cold dinner, buffet-style
Useful links for this recipe
- - Consult our cocktail directory to choose your favorite recipe.
- - You could also be interested in other salty or sweet recipes with cherries. Here is the link to the page dedicated to ... cherries
- - I'll not dwell on this dish because it is prepared only for a special occasion in which little attention is paid to nutritional facts. On the other hand, as you have noticed from reading nutritional facts, calories and fat are not high.
I always recommend to those who ask me suggestions to set up a full menu for a lot of people to prepare a very wide assortment of dishes because nowadays thanks to allergies, diets that are followed in preference and more you may run into some problems and dissatisfy someone easily, very easily.
- - Fiber per serving: 0.9 grams
What's the right wine for " Skewers with fruit, salami and prawns "?
The wine should be chosen in relation to the other appetizers, canapes, croutons or finger food that you'll choose to combine with these skewers made with cherries. And you have to take into consideration the wine for the rest of the menu, of course.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1