Crostini topped with salami, salmon and mozzarella Our original home cooking
How many times have you planned a get-together, rustic-style with your friends or relatives? these croutons made with baguette slices topped with many genuine Italian foods will be very useful. A lot of people eat them willingly because they are assorted and have loved ingredients. They are fast to do!
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 1 250g (8 3/4) baguette
- 70g (2 1/2 ounces) Italian salami, finely sliced
- 70g (2 1/2 ounces) Italian pancetta, finely sliced
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) smoked salmon, finely sliced
- 3 medium-size potatoes
- 1 125g (4.4 ounces) fresh mozzarella, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
plus potato cooling time
cooking: 50 minutes
total: 1 hour 10 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 189 (kcal) 10 % GDA (*)- 792 (kJ)
Protein: 9.1 (g) 19 % GDA
Total fat: 9.5 (g) 14 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 17.9 (g) 7 % GDA
Sugars: 0.6 (g) 1 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (32 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for Italian assorted crostini topped with salami, salmon and mozzarella
Preparation and cooking
- - Steam potatoes.
Let them cool and then peel and slice.
- - Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- - Slice a baguette and arrange its slices on a baking pan.
Divide them into three parts.
Brush all slices with olive oil.
- - Garnish a first part with doubled salami slice and a second part with smoked salmon pieces.
Arrange potato slices on the third part.
- - Put a bit of mozzarella cheese on salami and salmon and sprinkle with dried chives.
Put some pieces of pancetta on potatoes and sprinkle with dried rosemary.
- - Bake until mozzarella cheese melts.
Just before serving
- - Serve your assorted crostini warm.
- - You can garnish these assorted crostini in advance and bake as soon as guests arrive.
- - Generally, I grate my mozzarella instead of cubing it. I use a large hole grater. Good tip for pizza too, remember it!
- - With a baguette I usually get 45 to 50 croutons if I do not cut it into thick slices. I usually avoid it not to create any problem for my guests. So every portion includes about 4 croutons. Is it sufficient for your purposes? it depends on what you are planning and what you intend to serve together.
- - Use these croutons in different times and situations. A rustic buffet, a snack party in the afternoon, your happy hour (Italian aperitivo) with friends on a Saturday or Sunday night ... or your favorite football match on TV!
In the next paragraph I suggest a number of cocktails but keep in mind that my croutons can be matched to a glass of wine or prosecco too!
Useful links for this recipe
- - Serve these crostini paired with a "strong" cocktail such as Americano, Negroni, Bloody Mary, Manhattan, Daiquiri, Gin and It, Gin and French ...
- - Calories of these assorted Italian crostini seem low but a recipe of this kind with salami, cheese and salmon is always high calorie. We touch 200 calories with only 4 croutons ;))
Luckily, this recipe is not for our daily menu but be careful when you are involved in the ritual of the aperitif at the bar! by the way is it a habit in the world or an Italian rite?
- - Fiber per serving: 1.0 grams
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1