Affettati in cestino di pane
A bread bowl with salami & prosciutto Our original home cooking
Looking for a new way of serving Italian salami? look at my tip. A bread bowl you can make at home filled with assorted cold cuts. Nice-to-see, tasty-to-eat antipasto, Italian style. A different way to serve assorted salami: they are arranged in a dough bread bowl so your guests will be able to eat all, included bowl =_^
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 700g (1 1/2 pound) simple bread dough
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) boiled ham, sliced
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) San Daniele or Parma ham (prosciutto crudo), sliced
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) salami, sliced
- 6 little artichokes in oil
preparation: 15 minutes
plus time for bread dough
cooking: 15-20 minutes
total: 35 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 548 (kcal) 28 % GDA (*)- 2294 (kJ)
Protein: 23.0 (g) 31 % GDA
Total fat: 22.0 (g) 32 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 68.6 (g) 26 % GDA
Sugars: 3.2 (g) 4 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (124 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for bread bowl filled with ham and salami
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare simple bread dough. Link to my recipe below!
Add 2 tablespoons dried chives to ingredients.
Let your dough rest in a warm place, about a couple of hours.
- - Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- - Divide your dough into three parts.
Using a long pasta rolling pin, roll out one part of your dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 2 cm (3/4 in).
Using a pastry brush, oil the external base and side of a dish soufflé.
Press your dough on this surface.
Try to shape in the best way its edge.
Create little round loaves or plaited ones with remaining dough .
- - Bake in oven, about 15 minutes.
This time is enough for your bread bowl; probably it is necessary more time for loaves.
- - Let bread dough cool very well before removing it.
Just before serving
- - Arrange prosciutto and salami slices inside your bread bowl together with artichokes in oil as you can see in the photo or according to your fancy.
- - Serve your special antipasto accompanied with loaves.
- - If you want your bread bowl ca be eaten together with salami, do not prepare bread the day before.
If you use it only to serve your ham, it is a different matter. You can prepare everything the day before and heat up loaves in the oven just before serving
- - This bread bowl filled with assorted salami is perfect as edible centerpiece.
- - This way of serving cold cuts is fine when you have to plan an outdoor dinner or lunch party, a BBQ party, an afternoon snack party. In every case where your menu is rustic and then informal.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here's the recipe for bread dough.
- - I calculated calories, fat and sugar for this bread bowl with cold cuts only for your personal curiosity. Clearly, it is a dish for special occasions, when in most cases you are not on a diet!
What's the right wine for " A bread bowl with salami & prosciutto "?
Pair young Chianti Classico (red wine from Tuscany) to this bread bowl filled with salami.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 2