Torta salata con spinaci e guanciale
Spinach and bacon fat pie Our original home cooking
This spinach-and-bacon quiche is ideal when you get home in the evening and want to have dinner in a hurry. The recipe is easy and fast to do for everyone, including those who do not have much confidence in cooking ;) And the result is great. Match it to beer.
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 450g (1 pound) frozen spinach
- 40g (1 1/2 ounce) stoned green olives, sliced
- 125g (4.4 ounces) bacon fat (lard), sliced
- 4 halves dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 50ml (1 2/3 fluid ounce) dry white wine
- 2 eggs
- 1 200 to 250g (7 to 8 3/4 ounces) pkt ready rolled pie crust
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: about 50 minutes
total: 1 hour 5 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 405 (kcal) 21 % GDA (*)- 1694 (kJ)
Protein: 7.0 (g) 14 % GDA
Total fat: 34.9 (g) 50 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 20.6 (g) 8 % GDA
Sugars: 0.7 (g) 1 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (116 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for spinach and bacon fat quiche
Preparation and cooking
- - Put 2 tablespoons olive oil together with wine, olives, tomato paste, dried tomatoes and frozen spinach in a pan.
Cook on medium heat, stirring now and then.
Meanwhile cut bacon fat into strips.
When spinach are thawed and its cooking juice is well reduced, add bacon fat strips.
Now taste for salt; add a pinch of it only if necessary.
Turn off the stove.
- - Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- - Grease a baking pan with remaining olive oil.
Line it with pie crust allowing it to flow over the edges.
- - Beat eggs with a pinch of salt, pour them into your spinach mixture and stir quickly.
- - Spoon spinach-and-egg mixture on pie crust.
Level its surface and refold the excess of dough over it.
- - Bake until your pie is golden, about 20 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Serve your spinach quiche warm or cold.
- - You can prepare this savory quiche in advance, even the day before
- - You can serve it as cold or warm appetizer or one-plate meal (in this case it serves 4). It’s ideal for a picnic or a buffet.
- - Calories and fat (especially fat) of this spinach-and-bacon quiche are certainly not low. So do not make it for your family menu frequently.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1