Torta salata con cime di rapa
Savory tart with turnip tops Our original home cooking
Savory tart with turnip tops and beans is a very tasty main dish you can make for your family menu in fall, winter and early spring. It's a vegetarian recipe you can serve in full menus and meals, buffet -style.
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 1kg (2.2 pounds) turnip tops
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil
- 2 tablespoons capers in vinegar
- 2 200g (7 ounces) cans red beans
- 125g (4.4 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- 1 200-250g (7-8 1/2 ounces) pkt ready rolled pie crust
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 60 minutes
cooking: 60 minutes
total: 2 hours
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 311 (kcal) 16 % GDA (*)- 1302 (kJ)
Protein: 15.2 (g) 31 % GDA
Total fat: 18.5 (g) 27 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 25.8 (g) 10 % GDA
Sugars: 2.4 (g) 3 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (128 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for savory tart with turnip tops
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare turnip tops.
Clean, wash and boil the turnip tops you've bought.
Drain them very well.
- - Prepare the filling for your savory tart.
Put boiled turnip tops in a pan together with capers, anchovy fillets and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Saute on low heat, stirring often, until all cooking juice is well reduced.
At this point add well-drained beans and season to taste with salt.
Let all your ingredients flavor on medium heat, stirring now and then, for a couple of minutes.
Turn off the stove and let all cool.
- - Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- - Prepare your savory tart to be baked.
Grease a baking pan with the remaining olive oil.
Line your baking pan with the pie crust allowing it to flow over the edges.
Beat the egg with a pinch of salt.
Grate mozzarella cheese and stir it in the turnip top mixture.
Spoon your filling on the pie crust.
Level its surface and refold the excess of dough over.
Brush pie crust surface with your beaten egg.
- - Baking.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until your tart is golden.
Just before serving
- - Serve your savory tart warm or cold.
- - You can prepare your savory tart in advance without baking it. Bake it just before serving.
- - Cut your tart into slices and serve them as a starter accompanied by assorted salami and cheeses or as a side-dish for meat or fish dishes; but it's a tasty one-plate meal too (in this case the doses are enough for less people) for your family menus.
- - I calculated the amount of calories, fats, sugars and carbohydrates, taking into account to cut it into 6 slices for a rich appetizer.
If you want to propose it as a single dish, your values change dramatically. You have to calculate 4 servings. Energy: 467 kcal (1953 kJ)
Total fat: 27.8g
If you want to lower calories and fat you have to give up mozzarella cheese. New values are 387 kCal, fat 21.7g, protein becomes 17g.
It's your decision;))
What's the right wine for " Savory tart with turnip tops "?
My husband and I generally match a rosé wine from Salento.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1