Pasticcio di coniglio profumato con cioccolato al tartufo
Rabbit pie flavored with truffle chocolate Our original home cooking
This is a rabbit pie that I enclosed in a shell of puff pastry as people had the habit to do many centuries ago to easily carry their dishes. And ever so many centuries ago people often had the habit of combining cocoa powder with meat. These were just two of the ideas that guided me in creating this savory tart but the input also came from a bar of white chocolate flavored with black truffle, bought for curiosity at one of the many gluttony fairs that are held in Italy. The knowledge of typical food combinations in some Italian regions did the rest. My friends always say it is fantastic ... ;))
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 800g (1 3/4 pounds) rabbit
- 1 leek
- 40g (1 1/2 ounces) shelled walnuts
- 200g (7 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 50g (1 3/4 ounces) white chocolate with black truffles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces puff pastry
- Baked cherry tomatoes or tomato confit (optional)
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: 90 minutes
total: 2 hour
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 432 (kcal) 22 % GDA (*)- 1806 (kJ)
Protein: 25.9 (g) 52 % GDA
Total fat: 27.7 (g) 40 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 20.3 (g) 8 % GDA
Sugars: 7.3 (g) 9 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (20 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for rabbit pie flavored with black truffle chocolate
- - Boil rabbit in abundant salt water together with leek until its meat becomes tender.
- - Let it cool and then remove all meat from its bones and blend it together with leek, ricotta cheese and aromatic herbs.
- - At this point chop walnuts; add them too to your mixture.
- - Add also a tablespoon of olive oil.
Season to taste with salt and stir very well.
- - Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- - Roll out puff pastry sheet in a tart pan.
Spoon your mixture on the bottom, level its surface and sprinkle remaining olive oil.
Garnish with some tomato confit if you want. Link to the recipe below.
- - Cut chocolate bar into small flakes and arrange them on tart surface.
Bake until puff pastry is golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Let your tart cool completely before transferring on a serving plate and slice.
In any case slice it just before serving.
- Serve warm.
- - It's very difficult to find white chocolate infused with black truffles. But you can arrange some flakes of white chocolate on the pie surface and then grate a little black truffle.
- - Puff pastry can be replaced by brisé pastry which has a much more compact texture.
- - This rabbit pie can be served as a starter, sliced.
Another idea is to plan it as one-plate meal (in this case the doses serve less people), accompanied by a seasonal green salad. Anyway, it is a fantastic dish that will surprise your guests!
- - I find this savory pie stuffed with rabbit is perfect for the holiday season. Imagine it as a part of your Christmas or New Year's Eve menu especially even when you plan a meal, buffet-style.
Useful links for this recipe
- - You could be interested in tomato confit recipe.
- - I calculated calories and all nutrition facts without tomato confit.
- - As you can see this savory tart so rich in ingredients is certainly not low in calories. Inevitable, given the presence of meat, cheese and puff pastry. I recommend it for special occasions!
What's the right wine for " Rabbit pie flavored with truffle chocolate "?
My husband and I like to match a glass of Red Tocai to my rabbit pie.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1