Orange rabbit Our original home cooking
Orange rabbit is a low fat recipe if compared with other dishes but it's very tasty and easy to do. Besides you can prepare it in advance. You can serve it in a light menu or in a delicious full menu, rich of tasty dishes! In this page you can learn how to make my recipe and also find links to the two suggested menus, Italian style created and tested by me. This is an example of Mediterranean diet recipe.
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 500g (1.1 pounds) rabbit legs
- 4 oranges
- 80g (2.8 ounces) spring onions
- 2 leaves dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 100ml (3 1/3 fluid ounces) dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 30 minutes
plus marinating time
cooking: 1 hour
total: 1 hour 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 359 (kcal) 18 % GDA (*)- 1501 (kJ)
Protein: 36.2 (g) 73 % GDA
Total fat: 17.6 (g) 26 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 14.8 (g) 6 % GDA
Sugars: 14.8 (g) 17 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (57 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Orange rabbit recipe
- - Marinate rabbit.
Pour their juice into a bowl, add 1 tablespoon dried chives and rabbit legs too.
Let your meat marinate in a cool place, at least 5 to 6 hours.
Then remove rabbit legs from marinate and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- - Prepare olive oil together with aromatic herbs and onions in a saucepan.
Place rabbit legs too and let all these ingredients fry slightly over a low heat, turning rabbit legs on both sides.
Pour in wine, increase heat and let it evaporate.
At this point add marinate liquid, season to taste with salt and continue cooking, over a low heat, half-covered, until meat is tender, about an hour.
Add other hot water only if necessary.
Just before serving
- - Don't let cooking juice reduce completely. You should serve your rabbit sprinkled with it.
Just before turning off the stove, add remaining chives too.
- - This dish can be prepared in advance. Make your marinade the evening before and let meat marinate in the refrigerator during the night.
Cook your dish the day after and warm it up just before serving it.
- - Use fresh aromatic herbs when in season, Your recipe will be better.
- - Prepare this rabbit dish in winter and early spring when oranges are in season.
- - This orange rabbit is perfect for your family menu and your special occasions too.
- - Accompany this rabbit dish with orange slices and black olives dressed with olive oil, salt and pepper, if liked or, simplier, with a seasonal green salad.
- - I created two full Italian menus with orange rabbit whose links are below, in the next paragraph.
Useful links for this recipe
- - This is a light dish as I have just anticipated, but its calories are not so low because the portion of meat is superabundant. If you want to reduce them, you just have to choose your rabbit legs smaller.
- - No fiber in this rabbit dish!
What's the right wine for " Orange rabbit "?
Pair a your red wine or prosecco to this orange rabbit.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1