Faraona agli agrumi e cioccolato
Orange guinea fowl flavored with chocolate Our original home cooking
Orange guinea fowl flavored with chocolate is a fantastic dish for a great Italian menu, ideal for ceremony or other important menus in winter and early spring, the seasons of oranges. It's tasty but easy-to-do and you'll need very few ingredients.
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 1 2kg (4.4 pounds) guinea fowl, gutted
- 150g (5 1/3 ounces) leek
- 100ml (3 1/3 fluid ounces) orange juice
- 60ml (2 fluid ounces) lemon-flavored liqueur (limoncino)
- 200ml (6 3/4 fluid ounces) water
- 20g (3/4 ounce) dark chocolate with cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 60 minutes
total: 1 hour 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 324 (kcal) 17 % GDA (*)- 1357 (kJ)
Protein: 44.7 (g) 90 % GDA
Total fat: 9.8 (g) 15 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 7.1 (g) 3 % GDA
Sugars: 7.1 (g) 8 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (12 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Orange and chocolate guine fowl recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Flame guinea fowl to remove any remaining feathers
- - Cut guinea fowl into portions.
- - Put leek, guinea fowl pieces and olive oil in a pan.
- - Let all ingredients fry slightly on medium heat, stirring.
- - Pour in lemon-flavored liqueur and let it evaporate partially.
- - Add orange juice and water.
- - Season to taste with salt and continue cooking, half-covered, stirring now and then.
Add other boiling water only if necessary.
Just before serving
- - When cooking juice is well reduced, fry guinea fowl pieces on both sides, turn off the stove and then sprinkle with chocolate.
- - Cover with the lid and let chocolate melt.
- - Serve guinea fowl at once.
- - If you want you can remove guinea fowl skin.
- - If you want you can cook the guinea fowl ahead and add the chocolate just before serving.
- - If you do not find dark chocolate flavored with cinnamon, use 20g (3/4 ounce) of dark chocolate plus a pinch of cinnamon.
- - Serve this orange guinea fowl flavored with chocolate accompanied by a seasonal green salad.
- - This guinea fowl with citrus and chocolate can be served in a fine Italian dining menu, preceded, for example, by a champagne risotto or a pasta dish baked in the oven with cheese whose taste must not be too penetrating or ravioli with seasonal stuffing dressed with melted butter and sage.
- - 2 kg guinea fowl serves 6 in a full menu, Italian-style with a starter, a first course, this dish and a dessert.
It serves 4 if it is a main dish preceded only by a starter or a first course.
- - The presence of chocolate in this guinea fowl dish should not worry you. The ingredients are very few and chocolate only serves to give flavor. This is the reason why its amount is minimal and is to be divided among six people. This explains why the calories are not excessive. On the contrary it is the portion of meat to be higher than the norm. But this dish is so good that for once you can indulge in a larger quantity. What do you think?
- - Fiber per serving: 0.8 grams, very low if compared with daily intake (30 grams per head)
What's the right wine for " Orange guinea fowl flavored with chocolate "?
My husband and I always pair Nero d'Avola (red wine from Sicily) to this guinea fowl with orange and chocolate.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1