Faraona disossata arrosto
Rolled stuffed guinea fowl Our original home cooking
Who among us does not want to impress his guests? This happens to me in special occasions and particularly for Holiday Season. This is the reason why I created this recipe with boned guinea fowl rolled up around a leek frittata. But its secret is the dimensions. Look at the photo and read below!
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 1 1kg (2.2 pounds) gutted guinea fowl, whole
- 2 large-size eggs
- 1 200g (7 ounces) leek
- 1 glass Cointreau liqueur
- 1 orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
plus time to bone guinea fowl
cooking: 60 minutes
total: 1 hour 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 401 (kcal) 21 % GDA (*)- 1677 (kJ)
Protein: 37.4 (g) 75 % GDA
Total fat: 19.0 (g) 28 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 3.9 (g) 2 % GDA
Sugars: 3.9 (g) 5 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (17 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Rolled stuffed boned guinea fowl recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - If you do not know how to bone guinea fowl, have it prepared by your butcher.
Once boned, you have to cut it into three parts. Every leg and thigh together and the remaining part in a piece. In this way you can have the three little roast meats you can see in the photo.
The performance is definitely higher and, over all, your rolled meats are more homogeneous.
- - Slice leek very finely and let it fry slightly in 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- - Prepare frittata (Italian omelette).
Beat eggs wth a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon chives.
Reheat oil and leek, pour in beaten eggs and stir to amalgamate all ingredients.
Let cook on one side, turn it upside down and cook on the other side.
Your frittata is ready.
Let it cool and then cut it into three parts for the size of the three pieces of guinea fowl, one larger and two smaller.
- - Salt the inside of guinea fowl pieces, sprinkle remaining chives and place frittata on them.
Roll up everyone and tie with kitchen string or silicone food laces you see in the photo.
Help yourself with some rather long wooden stick, if necessary.
- - Put remaining olive oil in a pot.
Transfer your three guinea fowl rolled pieces and let them fry slightly on all sides, on low heat.
Pour in Cointreau liqueur, increase heat and let it evaporate partially, 3 minutes.
Pour in orange juice too, let all flavor on all sides.
Season to taste with salt, add 2 ladles of hot water and continue cooking, turning your meat now and then, until tender, 40 to 50 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Once turned off the stove, let your meat rest, some minutes.
Remove strings, cut guinea fowl roasts into thick slices and serve on individual plates.
- - You can prepare this guinea fowl recipe in advance. In this case do not reduce all cooking juice. Make this step when you have to reheat it before serving.
- - If you do not have Cointreau, you could use every dry liqueur made from oranges, Italian arancino included
- - Accompany your dish with mashed potatoes, seasonal green salad or boiled seasonal vegetables (spinach or turnip greens) sauteed in a pan with olive oil and garlic.
- - Consider it for your Holiday season menus and other special occasions in the orange season.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Interested in arancino liqueur making?
- - I calculated nutrition facts even if this rolled and stuffed guinea fowl is not for your daily menu. It is rich in calories for the amount of olive oil. Besides there are two sources of protein: meat and eggs.
- - Fiber per serving: 1.1 grams (daily intake should be 30.0 grams)
What's the right wine for " Rolled stuffed guinea fowl "?
Bubbles are perfect for this guinea fowl recipe. Choose Italian prosecco or a good-quality dry sparkling wine.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 2