Involtini di tacchino
Turkey roulades Our original home cooking
Turkey roulade How-To. Simple-and-easy-to-do recipe with turkey breast cut into thin slices. Their filling is made with Italian pancetta (unsmoked bacon) and rosemary.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 500g (1.1 pound) large and thin slices of skinless turkey breast
- 80g (2.8 ounces) unsmoked bacon, in a piece
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- A large twig of fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200ml (6 3/4 fluid ounces - 1/2 plus 1/3 cup) dry white wine
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: about 20 minutes
total: 35 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 291 (kcal) 15 % GDA (*)- 1218 (kJ)
Protein: 34.2 (g) 69 % GDA
Total fat: 17.1 (g) 25 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 0.0 (g)
Sugars: 0.0 (g)
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (149 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Turkey roll recipe
- - Prepare ingredients.
- - Place turkey slices on the table surface.
Season with salt.
- - Prepare roll filling.
Chop bacon and rosemary leaves very finely.
Add dried chives and stir.
- - Prepare roulades.
Put some filling on each turkey slice, roll them up and fix with a toothpicks.
Arrange your turkey roulades in a saucepan with olive oil.
- - Brown your turkey rolls.
- - Douse with wine, cover and reduce heat.
- - Simmer until cooking juice is reduced.
Just before serving
- - Serve your turkey rolls hot.
- - You can bake your turkey roulades instead of cooking them in a saucepan with the same ingredients. Bake at 200° C (400° F), about 30 minutes.
- - Add some onion (finely sliced) to olive oil, if liked.
- - These easy-to-do turkey rolls are perfect for your family dinner. Accompany them with cooked or raw seasonal vegetables and a portion of bread (50g - 1 3/4 ounces). Complete your meal with fresh fruit.
- - I prepare these turkey roll for my get-togethers too, if I have not much time to cook.
- - I remind you that the most recent studies suggest to limit the consumption of meat and prefer white meat anyway.
- - Suggested salami serving is 50 to 100 grams per head per week.
What's the right wine for " Turkey roulades "?
Pair Chianti Classico Colli Senesi (a red Italian wine from Tuscany) to my turkey rolls filled with lard.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1