Fesa di tacchino all'arancia
Orange-flavoured turkey breasts Our original home cooking
Turkey breast stew with orange juice. A different way to cook turkey breast cut into pieces. The recipe is tasty but at the same time low in calories and fat. If you respect the right portion of meat per person (100g) calorie amount is reasonable. Mediterranean diet recipe.
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 800g (1 3/4 pound) turkey breast meat, cubed
- 80g (2.8 ounces) young fresh onion
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 3 oranges
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: 30 minutes
total: 45 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 226 (kcal) 12 % GDA (*)- 947 (kJ)
Protein: 32.5 (g) 65 % GDA
Total fat: 8.3 (g) 12 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 5.6 (g) 3 % GDA
Sugars: 5.6 (g) 7 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (115 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for turkey breast stew flavored with orange juice
Preparation and cooking
- - Squeeze two oranges and put apart their juice.
Just before serving you'll have to slide crossways the third to garnish the dish.
- - Put olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
Chop onion finely and add it to the pan together with bay leaf.
Now add your cubed turkey too and brown on all sides on low heat, stirring often.
Then add all orange juice and let all ingredients flavor, few minutes, stirring now and then.
Add a couple of ladles of boiling water and aromatic herbs.
Season to taste with salt, half-cover and cook over a low flame until meat is tender and cooking juice is well reduced.
If necessary, add other hot water.
Just before serving
- - Arrange turkey stew on the serving dish and garnish with the sliced orange.
You can also dress the orange with oil and salt.
- - You can use vegetable or meat broth, if preferred.
In any case avoid broth cube if you like healthy eating and have kids.
- - If you have little time you can use sliced turkey breast and cut them into strips. In this way the cooking will be quicker and you should need less orange juice. So you can use smaller oranges.
- - Turkey breast, cut into pieces and cooked in orange juice is an excellent winter dinner that requires limited time of preparation, is tasty and not high-calorie. Ideal if you have children. But also the adults will like it. Pair it with cooked vegetables in season and a portion of bread.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Interested in more details about oranges?
- - I want to remember you the right meat portion per head is 100g (3 1/2 ounces). My meat doses are a little abundant.
If you want to follow strictly the indications of a healthy diet, you should use 600g of turkey breast for 6 servings.
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil should be enough. In this case the nutrient facts change:
calories: 176 (735 kJ)
total fat: 6.3g
total carbohydrate: 5.6g
As you can see slight variations of the doses on each meat recipe produce substantial differences in calories, proteins and fats ;)))
What's the right wine for " Orange-flavoured turkey breasts "?
Our suggestion is to match Italian prosecco or a red young wine.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1