Fesa di tacchino alla melagrana
Pomegranate-flavored turkey breast Our original home cooking
Turkey breast flavored with pomegranate is a tasty and refined dish, low in calories and fat. Ideal for people who eat light but do not give up the taste. This recipe is very simple to do. It can be prepared in advance and completed a few minutes before serving. To be chosen when you have guests, for sure! Mediterranean diet recipe!
Ingredients / Serves 8
- 1kg (2.2 pounds) turkey breast, in a piece
- 4 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 80g (2.8 ounces) young onion
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 pomegranates
- 400ml (13 1/2 fluid ounces -1 2/3 cup) Italian Prosecco
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 60 minutes
total: 1 h 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 233 (kcal) 12 % GDA (*)- 973 (kJ)
Protein: 30.3 (g) 61 % GDA
Total fat: 9.1 (g) 13 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 7.8 (g) 3 % GDA
Sugars: 7.8 (g) 9 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (135 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for turkey breast cooked in pomegranate juice
Preparation and serving
- - You'll need pomegranade kernel and juice for this recipe.
But how to clean pomegranate?
Using a small, sharp knife, cut out the blossom end of the fruit and score the skin in quarters.
Working over a bowl, break the fruit in half, using the scored lines as a guide.
Break the halves into quarters.
Do not cut, as the knife can puncture the kernels, releasing their juice.
Scoop out the kernels with a spoon.
You have to purée ¾ of the kernels with a food processor until smooth.
Put the remaining kernels apart. You'll need them at the end.
- - Chop the onion finely and put in the cooking pan together with the olive oil and bay leaf.
Brown the turkey breast on all sides over low heat.
Pour in Prosecco and let it evaporate partially over a fierce heat.
At this point reduce heat and add the kernel juice.
Continue cooking, half-covered, until the meat is tender and cooking juice almost reduced.
If necessary, add some warm water or vegetable broth, if preferred.
- - At this point, remove the meat from the pan.
Cut into thick slices and arrange them in the pan again together with the kernels you've put apart and chives.
Just before serving
- - Let the turkey slices flavor with pomegranate kernels, few minutes, before arranging on a serving dish or individual plates.
- - In reality, the amount of meat is higher than the dose suggested for a healthy eating but I thought that this recipe is not done often. In fact, it is not easy to clean the pomegranate and extract its juice. Therefore, it is not to be considered a recipe for your daily menu ;))
What's the right wine for " Pomegranate-flavored turkey breast "?
Our suggestion is to drink the same Italian Prosecco you've used in cooking meat.
Rating: 4.5 / vote cast: 2