Sovracoscio di tacchino ripieno
Filled and rolled turkey thigh Our original home cooking
Turkey thigh is cooked in many different ways. Its meat is tender and tasty. Most people like it. We show you a tantalizing recipe of ours in which the thigh, trimmed of its fat skin and then boned, is rolled around a filling which varies depending on the season. Mediterranean diet recipe.
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) turkey thigh
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 200ml (6 3/4 fluid ounces - 1/2 plus 1/3 cup) white dry wine
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Winter filling
- 70g (2 1/2 ounces) raw spinach
- 1 sun-dried tomato
- 40g (1 1/2 ounce) onion
- 15g (1/2 ounce) pine nuts
- 1 medium-size orange
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 90 minutes
total: 1 h 50 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 327 (kcal) 17 % GDA (*)- 1369 (kJ)
Protein: 28.1 (g) 57 % GDA
Total fat: 20.7 (g) 30 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 7.5 (g) 3 % GDA
Sugars: 6.2 (g) 7 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (109 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Filling for turkey thigh: winter
- - Prepare the filling.
Chop sun-dried tomato.
Peel orange and divide it into segments.
Peel each segment in order to find the pulp out.
Divide orange flesh into small pieces.
To speed ... use a tablespoon of fresh orange pulp, which is nowadays conveniently packaged.
Chop onion and saute in the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
Add chopped spinach, tomato, pine nuts and orange flesh to the pan.
Season to taste with salt and continue cooking, stirring now and then, half-covered, on medium heat until all cooking juice is well reduced.
- - Fill and cook turkey thigh.
Enlarge your turkey thigh, after removing its skin and boning, on work surface.
Season to taste with salt lightly because filling is already salty.
Spoon this filling on the turkey thigh surface.
Roll it all up and tie kitchen string or food loop TOP SILICONE by Tescoma as you can see on the photo.
Put olive oil, bay leaf and turkey thigh roll in a non-stick frying pan.
Saute your meat on all sides on low heat.
Pour in wine.
Let your turkey thigh flavor, few minutes.
Then cover with boiling water or broth according to your own taste.
Add aromatic herbs too.
Continue cooking on low heat, half-covered, until meat is tender.
Maybe a little of the filling comes out from the rolled turkey thigh which makes its gravy quite thick. It will be fantastic on the meat slices!
Just before serving
- - Serve your meat cut into slices and topped with its gravy.
- - The doses of the ingredients can vary depending on the size of the thigh.
- - This way of cooking the turkey thigh means that you can serve it without the problems associated with bones. Which makes this turkey recipe can be served even in a formal lunch or dinner.
What's the right wine for " Filled and rolled turkey thigh "?
We usually match this turkey thigh stuffed recipe with Roero Arneis (Piedmont wine)
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1