Aspic di tacchino
Turkey breast aspic recipe Our original home cooking
Turkey and fruit in jelly. A specialty for your summer cold dinners and meals, buffet-style. Refined and flavorful recipe. It is very simple to make but absolutely spectacular and delicious! Example for cooking a Mediterranean diet recipe ideal for your get-togethers.
Ingredients / Serves 10
- 350g (12 1/3 ounces) turkey breast, sliced
- 1 orange
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) blackberries
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) raspberries
- 2 organic plums
- A little bunch fresh chives
- 700ml (1 1/2 pints) dry sparkling wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) lemon-flavored liqueur (limoncello)
- Gelatin sheets
preparation: 20 minutes
plus cooling time
cooking: 30 minutes
total: 50 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 145 (kcal) 8 % GDA (*)- 607 (kJ)
Protein: 8.8 (g) 18 % GDA
Total fat: 2.5 (g) 4 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 5.9 (g) 3 % GDA
Sugars: 5.9 (g) 7 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (44 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Turkey aspic recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Cut turkey breast into thin strips.
- - Squeeze orange and filter its juice.
- - Let turkey meat fry slightly in olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
When it is golden, pour in lemon-flavoured liqueur and let it evaporate on high heat.
At this point reduce heat, season to taste with salt and add orange juice.
Continue cooking, half-covered, stirring now and then, until all cooking juice is well reduced.
Wash and pat dry chives.
Before turning off the stove cut in chives too.
- - Meanwhile ...
... you have to wash blackberries and raspberries and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper, with delicacy. Peel plums if not organic and slice.
Prepare gelatin for your aspic with sparkling wine. Follow the instructions on gelatin package.
Let it cool down without letting it harden.
- - Assemble your aspic dish.
You have to use 1kg (2.2 pounds) aspic mould.
Arrange some blackberries, raspberries and plum slices on the bottom.
Pour in turkey meat and then gelatin.
Arrange all remaining fruits inside particularly along mould sides.
Chill in the refrigerator, at least a night.
Just before serving
- - When you have to serve your aspic, you have to turn it upside down on a serving platter.
To make easier this step, I suggest to plunge partially your mould in hot water for few seconds.
Repeat this operation if the aspic does not move away from the mould. Garnish according to your fancy and serve at once.
- - Oranges are out of season in summer, so you could use pasteurized orange juice with no added sugar (90ml - 1/3 cup - 3 fluid ounces).
- - This is a summer ahead recipe. Chill it until serving.
- - You can serve my turkey aspic as a starter in a full Italian menu accompanied by smoked salmon marinated in dill, marinated raw prawns, boiled eggs with caviar, cold meats such as raw ham, refined canapes ...
- - Think of it if you are planning a meal, buffet style for your special get-togethers.
- - Fiber per serving: 1.4g
- - Have you read calories and all nutrition facts of my turkey aspic? Low-calorie and low-fat recipe, right? but its serving is small!
So, what happens if you decide to prepare it for your family menu in summer and servings become 4?
Here are the new nutrition facts per head!
energy: 363 kcal (1519 kJ)
total fat: 6.3g
You can make this choice! To complete your menu: prepare a seasonal green salad dressed with 1 teaspoon olive oil per head and serve 50g (1 3/4 ounces) bread per head.
What's the right wine for " Turkey breast aspic recipe "?
Pair Italian prosecco or dry sparkling wine to this turkey aspic.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1