Crostata al cioccolato
Chocolate tart Our original home cooking
This chocolate tart is a very easy and quick to do cake. Therefore it's ideal when you have to cook other courses. It 'very good although it requires very little time. Cake of choice for a special event: a party for children, a buffet, a birthday, a dinner or lunch with guests. It is certainly not a cake for breakfast.
Ingredients / Serves 12
- 1 sheet frozen short pastry (about 1 pound), thawed or ready-to-bake short pastry
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) plain chocolate (dark chocolate)
- 250ml (8 1/2 fluid ounces - 1cup) whipping cream
- 50g (1 3/4 ounce) sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Unsalted butter
preparation: 20 minutes
cooking: 40 minutes
total: 1 hour
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 354 (kcal) 18 % GDA (*)- 1483 (kJ)
Protein: 4.1 (g) 9 % GDA
Total fat: 21.3 (g) 31 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 37.3 (g) 14 % GDA
Sugars: 25.6 (g) 29 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (117 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Chocolate tart recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Melt chocolate in a bain-marie.
- - Turn off the stove and add sugar and cream.
Stir very well.
- - Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- - Roll out short pastry in a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin.
- - Transfer it on a buttered cake tin.
- - Prick bottom with a fork and pour in your chocolate mixture.
- - Cut all short pastry in excess to decorate.
- - Decorate your tart surface with remaining short pastry according to your fancy.
- - Bake until short pastry is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
Just before serving
- - Let your chocolate tart cool before taking it away from the tin.
- - Bring the chocolate tart to the table whole or already portioned according to the circumstances.
- - If you want, you can prepare short pastry by your hands. Link below.
- - I tested another way of making this chocolate tart.
Bake your short pastry without any filling (remember to prick your dough with a fork, line it with foil and fill with many dried beans).
Let your tart cool.
Prepare chocolate-and-cream mixture and let it cook for one or two minutes on a light heat.
Fill your tart. Your chocolate tart is ready!
Both these recipes are very tasty.
- - You can modify sugar quantity according to your personal taste.
- - You can also serve this cake with some ice-cream according to your taste: orange, vanilla, egg-nog ...
- - Do you wish to read a menu idea with this chocolate tart as dessert? Read more on our Easter menu. Link in the next paragraph.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Here's the recipe for short pastry.
- - Read how you can combine this cake to a full menu, Italy-style!
- - Each portion of this chocolate tart is rich enough in fat for the presence of cream. Its calories are more or less normal when compared to other desserts. This is why I do not recommend this chocolate tart as a sweet to prepare normally for breakfast or snack for children.
- - This chocolate tart is delicious as all cakes. There are very few people who say no to a dessert after lunch or dinner, especially when people are out. But keep in mind that many sweets are the opposite of healthy eating.
So how do you? As usual, the equilibrium point is the salvation of each one of us.
In the daily menu, as guidelines for healthy eating recommend us, we have to prefer dry and baked cakes paying attention to the amount of sugar.
But if there is a special event (birthday party at home, ceremony, dinner with friends ...) let's enjoy our special cake. Once in a while, especially if you do exercise, the body can metabolize the calories, fats and sugars in excess.
What's the right wine for " Chocolate tart "?
It’s difficult to match wine with chocolate. The best thing would be to serve a liqueur after.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 3