Torta di riso
Rice cake Authentic Italian recipes from Aosta
Ingredients / Serves 8
- 200 g (7oz) rice
- 800 ml (28 fl oz - 3 2/3oz) milk
- 100 g (3 1/2oz) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 40 g (1 1/2oz) sultanas
- 60 g (2oz) unsalted butter
- Pinch cinnamon powder
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons plain dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: about 60 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: XX (kcal) - XX (kJ)
Protein: XX (g)
Total fat: XX (g)
Total carbohydrate: XX (g)
Sugars: XX (g)
Download free PDF version (119 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Bring the milk to the boil with a pinch of salt. Add the rice and cook until al dente stage. Switch off the gas. Don't drain the rice!
Meanwhile soak the sultanas in warm water for about 20-30 minutes. Then squeeze of their soaking water.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking pan (Ø 22 cm - 9in) with waxed paper.
Add the butter cut into pieces, sugar, sultanas, vanilla, beaten eggs, and the grated skin of the lemon to the rice. Stir accurately.
Pour the mixture into the pan, level the surface and springle with plain dried breadcrumbs and granulated sugar.
Bake for almost 25-30 minutes or until the surface is golden.
- - It's a very tasty cake, easy-to-do, typical recipe from Val d'Aosta (Italy), well known also as gateau de ris.
- - Serve it with a cup of tea or coffee or after a meal with a glass of dessert wine.
What's the right wine for " Rice cake "?
Our suggestion is: Ramandolo (a dessert wine from Friuli - Italy)
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1