Gnocchi con sugo di carne di cavallo
Gnocchi with horse-meat sauce Our original home cooking
Ingredients / Serves 4
- For gnocchi dough
- 1 kg (2lb and 3 1/4oz) potatoes
- 300 g (10 1/2oz) all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- For the sauce
- 400 g (14 1/4oz) minced horse meat
- 500 g (1lb and 1 1/2oz) puréed tomatoes
- 70 g (2 1/2oz) onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 15 minutes
plus time for making gnocchi
cooking: 40 minutes plus time for potatoes
total: about 120 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 668 (kcal) 34 % GDA (*)- 2796 (kJ)
Protein: 34.2 (g) 69 % GDA
Total fat: 17.2 (g) 25 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 101.0 (g) 38 % GDA
Sugars: 6.7 (g) 8 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (109 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Gnocchi dressed with meat-and-tomato sauce is a tasty main dish for Your Sunday meal. It's easy-to-do if you buy ready-to-cook gnocchi but remember: it isn't difficult to make gnocchi at home. Read our step-by-step instructions to make gnocchi with mashed potatoes.
Its ingredients are natural and simple. If you want to prepare homemade gnocchi you'll need potatoes and all-purpose flour. Horse or beef meat, puréed tomatoes, aromatic herbs, onion and good-quality olive oil are all you'll need for the sauce. Obviously a pinch of salt too.
Here's the recipe!
Steam the potatoes. Our tip is steaming the potatoes and not boiling so they are not full of soaking water. Besides they cook quickly.
Prepare the sauce. Then cook the sauce.
Let the onion fry lightly in the olive oil on very low heat.
Add the meat and stir to flavor. Add the aromatic herbs, puréed tomatoes and a glass of water. Season to taste with salt, stir and continue cooking, half-covered, stirring now and then for about 15 minutes.
Make the gnocchi. Prepare the gnocchi dough (potato gnocchi or mashed gnocchi or potato dumplings) following our instructions or your favourite recipe.
Then roll it into long fingers and divide them into cylinders about an inch long. Dust lightly with flour and, with your thumb, press them gently, one by one, along the back of a grater or a fork. Arrange them on lightly floured dishes without overlapping.
Your gnocchi are ready!
Cook and dress the gnocchi. Cook the gnocchi, few at a time, in plenty of salted boiling water. They are cooked as soon as they float to the surface. Remove them with a slotted spoon and put in the hot sauce. Stir with delicacy.
Serve them immediately.
- - Gnocchi with tomato-and-meat sauce is a main dish ideal for your Sunday meal. If you have any gnocchi left don't worry. Rewarm them in a non-stick frying pan without fat the day after: they are fantastic!
- - You can make the meat-and-tomato sauce to season homemade or ready-to-cook gnocchi with beef or veal meat instead of horse one.
- - Prefer organic potatoes, flour, olive oil and meat if you prepare homemade gnocchi for your children.
- - We don't usually use wine cooking this sauce. If you want to use it add half a glass of water and half a glass of red wine (the same you'll match with the gnocchi dish) together with the tomatoes and aromatics.
What's the right wine for " Gnocchi with horse-meat sauce "?
We like Merlot wine very much and it's a soul-satisfyng thing to match it with this gnocchi dish according to us.
We want to report you a special product from an organic firm "Le Carline" We discovered it during our trips across Italy. Merlot by "Le Carline" tastes and smells fantastic!
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1