Rigatoni salsiccia e ricotta
Macaroni with fresh sausage and ricotta cheese Our original home cooking
Rigatoni with ricotta-and-sausage sauce is a quick and easy-to-do recipe. This is a new pasta recipe of mine my husband and I sometimes make at home especially in winter in very cold days. This pasta recipe is similar to a traditional recipe of Calabria (link below) in which sausage is used to prepare sauce but it isn't eaten with pasta. You will need few ingredients: rigatoni (durum semolina short pasta of Italy), ricotta cheese, fresh sausage, good-quality extra virgin olive oil and chives.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 280g (10 ounces) rigatoni
- 150g (5 1/3 ounces) fresh horse-meat sausage or fresh pork sausage
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- Pepper, if liked
- Grated Parmesan cheese, if liked
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: 30 minutes
total: 40 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 542 (kcal) 28 % GDA (*)- 2269 (kJ)
Protein: 18.9 (g) 38 % GDA
Total fat: 27.8 (g) 40 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 57.8 (g) 22 % GDA
Sugars: 5.4 (g) 6 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (171 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Rigatoni sausage ricotta recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare sausage.
Peel sausage, crumble its meat and put in a pan with 3-4 tablespoons of water.
Bring to a boil and cook, half-covered, for 10 minutes or until crumbled sausage loses all its fat.
Remove crumbled sausage from the pan with a skimming ladle and transfer it in a saucepan with olive oil.
Season to taste with salt and cook for about 5 minutes to flavor the sauce.
Add chive once turned off the stove.
- - Cook pasta.
Meanwhile cook rigatoni in a large kettle of boiling salted water according to package directions.
Melt ricotta cheese in a large bowl, after sieving it, using some tablespoons of the water in which you are cooking pasta.
- - The last step.
Drain rigatoni and pour them onto the bowl, combine with the sauce, stir.
Just before serving
- - Serve your pasta dish immediately accompanied with a bowl or grated Parmesan.
- - You can use pork sausage if you don't like horse meat or don't find it.
- - If you have some pasta left you can warm it up the day after.
- - You can prepare sausage ahead. Crumble and boil it. Then chill it until you prepare this recipe.
- - Put a little bowl
with grated Parmesan cheese on the table. Every guest will be able to sprinkle it on his own dish according to his taste.
It's a mistake to serve every pasta dish sprinkled with Parmesan or Pecorino cheese if you don't know the habits of your guests.
- - Prepare this pasta dish fo your family as one-plate meal. It's a too hearty dish to be made for a full menu.
- - Don't make it too often ;)
Useful links for this recipe
- - Interested in the similar pasta recipe from Calabria?
- - This pasta recipe with ricotta and sausage is one-plate meal. It's rich in calories and so you should complete the meal with raw vegetables if you are still hungry and fresh fruit.
Here are the doses per head: 70g (2 1/2 ounces) rigatoni, 60g (2.1 ounces) ricotta cheese, 30 to 40g (1 to 1 1/2 ounce) fresh sausage, chives and 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- - This recipe is OK for people with tomato intollerance or allergy.
- - In the nutrition facts there are no Parmesan cheese.
What's the right wine for " Macaroni with fresh sausage and ricotta cheese "?
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1