Spaghetti pomodoro e rucola
Rocket-and-tomato spaghetti Our original home cooking
Italian spaghetti tossed with tomato-and-arugula sauce is a vegan dish, very easy to do for your daily family menu. Among other things, it is also very cheap. A great choice to serve something good, natural, healthy. If you sow rocket in pots you can have it fresh. It isn't necessary to have a garden or a terrace, it's enough a sill. When you cut its leaves they grow back very quickly.
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 160g (5.6 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 400g (14 ounces) can cherry tomatoes
- A bunch fresh rocket
- 60g (2.1 ounces) onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: 20 minutes
total: 35 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 411 (kcal) 21 % GDA (*)- 1720 (kJ)
Protein: 10.9 (g) 22 % GDA
Total fat: 11.5 (g) 17 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 70.1 (g) 26 % GDA
Sugars: 10.1 (g) 12 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (55 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for rocket-and-tomato spaghetti
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare pasta sauce.
Chop onion finely.
Saute in olive oil in a non-stick frying pan for few minutes, stirring frequently.
Meanwhile remove only cherry tomatoes from the can with no preservation liquid.
Add tomatoes and stir.
Season to taste and continue cooking for other 10 minutes, stirring now and then.
- - Meanwhile ...
... bring to a boil abundant salt water to ccok spaghetti.
Clean and wash rocket. Pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper and then cut into pieces.
Cook spaghetti al dente stage.
- - The last step.
Drain spaghetti and transfer into the pan with the sauce.
Just before serving
- - Add rocket and flavor in tomato sauce for less than a minute on high heat.
- - If you have good-quality pasta which doesn't overcook, you can prepare this dish ahead. Complete "preparation and cooking" transferring drained spaghetti into the pan with tomato sauce and stir with delicacy. Put all apart. Just before serving, add rocket, stir and flavor over high heat.
- - If you use good-quality ingredients your result will be better. Pasta that doesn't overcook, datterini tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes (follow the link below to see this kind of tomatoes). Rocket cultivated by you and don't forget real extra virgin olive oil.
- - Use fresh tomatoes in summer.
- - You can choose the amount of rocket according to your own taste.
- - If you want, you can grate some seasoned ricotta cheese on the top but in this case your recipe is no more vegan :)) I prefer my dish with no added cheese.
- - If you're garlic lover, add a clove to onion but remove it before adding tomatoes.
- - Tomato-and-rocket spaghetti is a so simple dish that I suggest it to you only for your daily family menu.
Besides, there is also another reason. Rocket with its so pungent flavor doesn't meet the approval of all.
- - Having regard to the calories of the dish you can also munch on raw vegetables in season or prepare a green salad with a little seasoning.
Useful links for this recipe
- - More news about datterini tomatoes?
- - Would you prefer a spaghetti dish with less than 400 calories? it's enough to decrease the amount of spaghetti: 70 grams (2 1/2 ounces) for example. In these case nutrition facts are:
energy: 376 kcal (1572 kJ)
protein: 9.9 grams
fat: 11.3 grams
carbo: 62.2 grams
sugar: 9.7 grams
Using less olive oil, you'll reach further results and this may be fine for those who want to lose a few pounds. Remember that it is always much better not to deprive your body of something but reduce the quantity of what you eat and increase physical activity.
- - Fiber per serving: 4.1 grams.
What's the right wine for " Rocket-and-tomato spaghetti "?
Pair a white wine to tomato-and-rocket spaghetti. My husband and I like white wines from South Italy for this dish such as Castel del Monte from Salento in Apulia.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1