Linguine gamberi e pomodorini
Shrimp-and-tomato linguini Our original home cooking
If you are so lucky to buy fresh shrimps (be careful: not precooked shrimps) here's a simple-to-do recipe with very few ingredients but rich in flavor! In fact you'll need ripe but firm tomatoes, shrimps, linguini, olive oil and onion. If you like garlic, add it. Nothing more!
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 180g (6 1/3 ounces) linguini
- 400g (14 ounces) fresh shrimps in their shell
- 400g (14 ounces) ripe but firm tomatoes
- 60g (2.1 ounces) onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: 25 minutes
total: 55 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 525 (kcal) 27 % GDA (*)- 2197 (kJ)
Protein: 26.4 (g) 53 % GDA
Total fat: 13.1 (g) 19 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 68.6 (g) 26 % GDA
Sugars: 14.3 (g) 16 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (69 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for tomato and shrimp linguini
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare pasta sauce.
Wash tomatoes under running cold water, pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper and chop.
Chop onion too.
Let it fry slightly in olive oil, on very low heat, stirring often.
Add tomatoes and let them cook, stirring now and then, about 15 minutes.
Add some tablespoons hot water, if necessary.
- - Meanwhile ...
... shell shrimps and remove their heads.
- - Cook pasta.
Bring aboundant salt water to a boil.
Cook linguini al dente stage.
- - Drain pasta very well and transfer it to the pan with tomato sauce together with shelled shrimps too.
Complete pasta cooking stirring all your ingredients with delicacy, on fierce heat, a minute.
Just before serving
- - Serve at once.
- - No grated Parmesan on shrimps ;))
- - This is my quick version for shrimp linguini. When I have time, I prefer to shell shrimps and make a broth with their heads. It's enough to boil them in abundant salt water, 15 minutes. Then I cook linguini in this broth after filtering.
- - Generally, I make pasta dishes with emmer wholemeal pasta as in this case. It is a choice that helps me to each 30 grams of fiber per day.
- - Shrimp and tomato linguini is a typical summer dish that you can taste when tomatoes are in season. My husband and I make it when we are at the seaside or even in town when our fishmonger offers top quality shrimps.
- - It is a very good solution for your only-fish menus. It is not rich in ingredients and so you can combine it with a lot of traditional fish appetizers and main dishes.
- - Surely, these linguini with shrimps and tomatoes should be considered a single-course meal for your daily family menu considering its calories, fats and sugars. Complete your meal with fresh seasonal fruit.
- - Pasta serving is greater than usual (80g - 2.8 ounces) but is compensated by the richness of its fibers.
- - Fiber per serving: 11 grams (thanks to emmer wholemeal pasta)
What's the right wine for " Shrimp-and-tomato linguini "?
Pair a good-quality white wine to this shrimp linguini dish. My husband and I like some wines from Veneto such as Pinot Grigio.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1