Pasta salmone e carciofi
Artichoke and salmon pasta Our original home cooking
This pasta dish topped with fresh salmon, smoked salmon and artichokes is fantastic thanks to the combination of flavors but also extremely simple to do. Worthy to open a full fish-only menu, Italian-style. If you want to impress your guests let them taste it: they will be delighted, surely! They will appreciate a lot your Italian cooking art.
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 200g (7 ounces) fresh salmon fillet
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) smoked salmon
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) frozen artichokes
- 150g (5 1/3 ounces) leek
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 400g (14 ounces) can cherry tomatoes
- 1 orange
- 500g (1.1 pounds) short pasta
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: 40 minutes
total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 467 (kcal) 24 % GDA (*)- 1954 (kJ)
Protein: 22.6 (g) 46 % GDA
Total fat: 12.1 (g) 18 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 71.3 (g) 27 % GDA
Sugars: 8.5 (g) 10 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (63 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Salmon and artichoke pasta recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare ingredients for pasta sauce.
Let artichokes thaw partially in order to cut them crosswise.
Remove skin from fresh salmon and cube it.
Cut smoked salmon into thin strips.
Slice leek finely.
Cut artichokes crosswise, finely.
- - Prepare pasta sauce.
Put olive oil and leek in a non-stick frying pan. Let all fry slightly on very low heat, stirring often.
Add artichokes too.
Continue frying slightly, stirring often, few minutes.
Add orange juice and let all flavor, stirring now and then, few minutes.
Pour in cherry tomatoes included their preservation liquid, decrease heat and cook, half-covered, stirring now and then.
Add hot water only if necessary. In fact cooking time must not be too long.
Five minutes before turning off the stove, add salmon cubes, parsley and chives.
Let your sauce reduce well, stirring often.
Season to taste with salt.
Turn off the stove. Your sauce is ready!
- - Meanwhile ...
... cook pasta al dente stage.
Drain pasta very well and transfer it into the pan with your sauce together with smoked salmon strips.
Just before serving
- - Stir all ingredients with delicacy on high heat, 1 to 2 minutes.
- - Serve immediately sprinkling your pasta with chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley if in season.
- - You can prepare this salmon and artichoke sauce in advance and cook pasta just before serving.
I have the habit to warm it up if there are leftovers.
- - You can make this pasta with fresh artichokes too, at least 6. And replace dried chives and parsley with fresh ones as soon as possible.
If you like garlic add it to the pan with leeks but then remove it before adding artichokes. I never use it, especially when I have guests because it is increasing the number of people who can not want it.
- - Experience has taught me that, when I make pasta sauce with artichokes, in most cases it is better not to cut them into slices but crosswise in order to make my sauce "thicker".
- - This salmon and artichoke pasta is rich in ingredients even if it is very simple to do. This is the reason why I suggest to make it for your family lunch on Sundays.
For the same reason it is a good choice for an Italian fish-only menu all year round. Looking for some Italian menu ideas? follow the link in the next paragraph!
- - Suggested doses refer to your family lunch. It serves at least 10 in a full menu, Italy-style.
Useful links for this recipe
- - Want to have a look at our thematic full menus, Italian-style? Follow the link for every season menus of mine!
- - This pasta with salmon and artichokes is a fairly balanced dish and it is not rich in fat. So you can think of it for your family menu too. I have just suggested Sunday menu because it requires a few more minutes than normal pasta dishes. Complete your meal with vegetables or fruit in season. In fact proteins are already present in abundance and thus it is not the case to provide further ones, by adding other meat of fish dishes.
Different story when planned for your invitations.
- - Fiber per serving: 5.8 grams.
What's the right wine for " Artichoke and salmon pasta "?
Pairing a wine to this pasta with salmon and artichokes is very difficult for the presence of artichokes. Match a Pilsner beer or, even better, Weizen beer, light and perfumed.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1