Pasta con cime di rapa
Broccoli rabe pasta Our original home cooking
I do not know where you live and so I do not know how you call the kind of vegetable I use to prepare this pasta dish ... broccoli rabe? turnip greens? turnip tops? rapini? its name does not matter, the important thing is to learn how to do this winter pasta recipe because it is very good and healthy. Real Italian dish for your Mediterranean diet!
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 160g (5.6 ounces) whole wheat short pasta
- 800g(1 3/4 pounds) broccoli rabe rich in buds
- 200g (7 ounces) leeks
- 1 tablespoon capers, in vinegar
- 3 anchovy fillets, in oil
- 20g (3/4 ounce) ripe cherry tomatoes, in oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Red hot chili pepper, if liked
preparation: 30 minutes
cooking: 40 minutes
total: 1 hour 10 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 485 (kcal) 25 % GDA (*)- 2028 (kJ)
Protein: 21.6 (g) 44 % GDA
Total fat: 14.5 (g) 21 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 60.8 (g) 23 % GDA
Sugars: 12.3 (g) 14 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (34 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Broccoli rabe pasta recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare broccoli rabe.
Clean, wash and steam it.
For the best result: put apart its buds and steam apart. In fact cooking times are different.
Put apart cooking water.
- - Prepare pasta sauce.
Place olive oil, capers, anchovies, finely sliced leek and, eventually, chili pepper in a non-stick frying pan.
Let all fry slightly on low heat, stirring frequently, a few minutes.
Then add broccoli rabe (without its buds) and flavor, a few minutes.
Season to taste with salt, stir and turn off the stove.
- - Meanwhile ...
... bring to a boil the water in which you have cooked your vegetable.
Add other water if not enough.
Season to taste with salt when it is boiling.
- - Cook pasta al dente stage.
Drain it very well and transfer into the pan together with broccoli rabe buds and tomatoes in oil.
Just before serving
- - Cook pasta and vegetables over high heat for less than a minute, stirring gently.
- - Serve broccoli rabe pasta in individual plates, still hot.
- - Everyone will be able to sprinkle freshly grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese on the top.
- - I do not use garlic because I think it covers too much the taste of vegetables and other ingredients. I prefer leeks or shallots. In this case I used the leek.
- - Broccoli rabe pasta can be a vegetarian pasta dish (if you do not use anchovies in oil), rich in taste and very healthy. Plan it for your winter family menu.
Read below how to complete your meal.
- - This dish of pasta with broccoli rabe is well balanced. Obviously it is the unique dish for your family menu. My husband and I have the habit
to end our lunch with an apple and an orange (half of each per head). These are your calories for the whole meal!
energy: 567 kcal (2371 kJ)
total fat: 14.9g
- - Fiber per serving: 18.9g (the only pasta dish). Half of the daily requirement thanks to the vegetables and whole wheat pasta. Then we improve the situation even more with fruits.
What's the right wine for " Broccoli rabe pasta "?
A good soft and aromatic white wine is the perfect choice for this dish of pasta with broccoli rabe.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1