Spaghetti acciughe e capperi
Spaghetti with capers and anchovies Our original home cooking
Anchovies-and-capers spaghetti is a pasta dish with no tomato sauce, easy-to-do and quick recipe. Ideal when you come back home and have enough time to cook elaborate recipes. To make this recipe you'll need: spaghetti, anchovy fillets in oil, capers in vinegar, aromatic herbs, chilli pepper, olive oil, white wine and plain dried breadcrumbs. Recipe for your daily menu.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons capers in vinegar, well drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh (or frozen) parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 75ml (2 1/2 fluid ounces - 1/3 cup) dry white wine
- 1 red hot chilli pepper, if you like
- 3 tablespoons plain dried breadcrumbs
- 320g (11 1/3 ounces) spaghetti
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: about 20 minutes
total: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 423 (kcal) 22 % GDA (*)- 1769 (kJ)
Protein: 12.6 (g) 17 % GDA
Total fat: 12.5 (g) 18 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 69.3 (g) 26 % GDA
Sugars: 3.7 (g) 5 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (119 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Anchovy-and-caper spaghetti recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Put olive oil, anchovy fillets and capers in a non-stick frying pan.
- - Saute for a couple of minutes.
- - Then add wine and chilli pepper (if you like).
- - Season with salt and cook over a fierce heat for about 5 minutes or until anchovies melt and wine is evaporated.
- - Meanwhile cook your spaghetti al dente stage following package directions.
- - Drain spaghetti very well.
- - Transfer your spaghetti into the pan with the sauce you've prepared.
- - Sprinkle with plain dried breadcrumbs.
- - Add the aromatic herbs and stir.
Just before serving
- - Return to high heat, saute and stir frequently.
This is the secret to make a perfect pasta dish: finishing cooking your pasta in its sauce on fierce heat.
- - Serve anchovy-and-caper spaghetti hot.
- - For a quicker pasta recipe. Don't add wine and use dried aromatic herbs. Saute anchovy fillets, chilli pepper and capers in olive oil on a low heat until anchovies melt. Drain pasta and turn it into your pan together with aromatic herbs. You can add a little ladle of the water in which you've cooked pasta if you think your pasta is too dry. Finish cooking pasta in its sauce.
- - You can also use wholemeal spaghetti. This recipe tastes fantastic with this kind of pasta. My husband and I also use felt or kamut spaghetti. In the photo you can see kamut spaghetti tossed with this sauce. Use often wholemeal pasta as suggested by nutritionists.
- - Make this tasty spaghetti dish for your daily menu.
- - Daily menu. This is a main course. Complete your meal with raw or cooked vegetables seasoned with half a tablespoon of olive oil per head and then fresh fruit. If you want to reduce calories under 400 you can use only 70g (2 1/2 ounces) of pasta per portion.
I remember you pasta should be eaten preferably at lunch.
Here are the doses per head: 80g (2.8 ounces) spaghetti, 2 anchovy fillets, 1 teaspoon capers in vinegar, aromatic herbs, less then one tablespoon plain dried breadcrumbs, a piece of chilli pepper, 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- - This spaghetti dish is dressed with no tomato sauce, ideal for people intolerant or allergic to tomato.
- - Note the amount of protein. If you choose this spaghetti dish at lunch you can prepare meat or fish rich in protein at dinner.
- - I remember you my original home recipes can be made without salt.
What's the right wine for " Spaghetti with capers and anchovies "?
Carlo and I are used to pair Corvo Bianco (white wine of Sicily, well known all over the world) with anchovy-and-caper spaghetti
Rating: 4.5 / vote cast: 2