Tagliatelle al cioccolato con panna e noci
Cocoa tagliatelle with light cream & walnuts Our original home cooking
Cocoa tagliatelle topped with light-cream-and-walnut sauce is a a quick to do and simple recipe that I created for an important meal to make at the last minute from Saturday to Sunday. Unfortunately it is a real caloric bomb. So be careful! You can't enjoy it whenever you want :(( If you don't find dry cocoa tagliatelle, want to try to make them at home? below the link to fresh cocoa pasta how-to!
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) dry cocoa tagliatelle
- 250ml (8 1/2 flui ounces - 1C) light (single) cream
- 60g (2.1 ounces) walnuts, shelled and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- Pepper, if liked
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: 20 minutes
total: 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 710 (kcal) 36 % GDA (*)- 2969 (kJ)
Protein: 14.9 (g) 30 % GDA
Total fat: 50.1 (g) 72 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 50.1 (g) 19 % GDA
Sugars: 5.7 (g) 7 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (119 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for cocoa tagliatelle with light cream and walnuts
Preparation and cooking
- - Cook tagliatelle.
Bring to a boil abundant salted water and cook tagliatelle according to instructions on the package.
- - Prepare light-cream-and-walnuts sauce.
While you're cooking tagliatelle, you have to prepare pasta sauce.
Put all ingredients in a little saucepan, except chives.
Season to taste with salt.
Cook over a gentle flame for only a minute.
If your sauce isn't smooth, you can add some tablespoons of the hot water in which you are boiling tagliatelle.
Add chives once turned off your stove.
- - Drain tagliatelle very well.
Put drained tagliatelle again onto the pan.
Stir in your sauce.
Just before serving
- - Transfer tagliatelle you've just dressed in a large bowl or individual plates.
- - Serve at once.
- - If you want you can use toasted hazelnuts instead of walnuts.
- - More details on chocolate tagliatelle. This kind of dried pasta is made with all-purpose flour and cocoa powder. You find them in gourmet food shops easily. Choose good-quality pasta for the best result!
- - This pasta dish is very delicate and it is very difficult to choose other recipes for a full menu.
Here it is the menu (typical Italian menu) I planned when I created this tagliatelle recipe! Links to suggested recipes below!
Starter: I made pizza with spinach and salami and served it, cubed, accompanied by bubbles. You can pair it to all your menu. Read below to know what bubbles ;)
First course: chocolate tagliatelle topped with light-cream-and-walnut sauce.
Second course: braised beef
Dessert: pineapple-and-kiwi salad, a fruit salad of mine that is served directly inside pineapple
This is a perfect menu idea for a celebration, an anniversary or a birthday dinner party!
Useful links for this recipe
- - I begin with the link to fresh cocoa pasta how-to.
- - This is the recipe for salami and spinach pizza.
- - Braised beef is made according to the traditions of northern Italy.
- - Finally my dessert recipe: pineapple and kiwi fruit salad
- - This is a recipe very rich in fat and calories and so I make this dish very seldom. Follow my tip if you have an healthy eating plan.
- - This is a dish ideal for people who have tomato intolerance or allergy
What's the right wine for " Cocoa tagliatelle with light cream & walnuts "?
My husband and I suggest Italian bubbles: Prosecco di Conegliano Valdobbiadene (sparkling wine from Veneto)
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1