Tagliatelle al cioccolato con panna e noci
Cocoa tagliatelle with light cream & walnuts
If you don't find dry cocoa tagliatelle and want to try to make at home here is fresh cocoa pasta how-to! Want to see more pasta recipes?
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) dry cocoa tagliatelle
- 250ml (8 1/2 flui ounces - 1C) light (single) cream
- 60g (2.1 ounces) walnuts, shelled and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- Pepper, if liked
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: 20 minutes
total: 30 minutes
- Nutrition Facts (amount per serving):
Calories: 710 (kCal) 36 % GDA (*) - 2969 (kJ)
Protein: 14.9 (g) 20 % GDA
Total fat: 50.1 (g) 72 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 50.1 (g) 19 % GDA
Sugars: 5.7 (g) 7 % GDA
Recipe for cocoa tagliatelle with light cream and walnuts
Preparation and cooking
- - Cook tagliatelle.
Bring to a boil abundant salted water and cook tagliatelle according the instructions on the package.
If you wish you can read our directions too.
- - Prepare light-cream-and-walnuts sauce.
While you're cooking tagliatelle, you have to prepare pasta sauce.
Put all ingredients except chives in a little saucepan.
Season to taste with salt.
Cook over a gentle flame for only a minute.
If your sauce isn't smooth, you can add some tablespoons of the hot water in which you are boiling tagliatelle.
Add chives once turned off your stove.
- - Drain tagliatelle very well.
Put drained tagliatelle again onto the pan.
Stir in your sauce.
Just before serving
- - Transfer tagliatelle you've just dressed in a large bowl or individual plates.
- - Serve at once.
- - If you want you can use toasted hazelnuts instead of walnuts.
- - More details on chocolate tagliatelle. This kind of dried pasta is made with all-purpose flour and cocoa powder. You find them in gourmet food shops easily. Choose good-quality pasta for the best result!
- - Interested in Italian cooking? follow our blog entries.
- - This pasta dish is very delicate and it is very difficult to choose other recipes for a full menu.
Here it is the menu (typical Italian menu) I planned when I created this tagliatelle recipe!
Starter: I made pizza with spinach and salami and served it, cubed, accompanied by bubbles. You can pair it to all your menu. Read below to know what bubbles ;)
First course: chocolate tagliatelle topped with light-cream-and-walnut sauce.
Second course: braised beef
Dessert: pineapple-and-kiwi salad, a fruit salad of mine that is served directly inside pineapple
This is a perfect menu idea for a celebration, an anniversary or a birthday dinner party!
- - This is a recipe very rich in fat and calories and so I make this dish very seldom. Follow my tip if you have an healthy eating plan.
- - This is a dish ideal for people who have tomato intolerance or allergy