Tagliatelle al salmone
Tagliatelle with fresh salmon Our original home cooking
Tagliatelle with fresh salmon is a versatile first course which is suitable for many different solutions. It can be made from January to April when there are oranges. Oranges, you say? Read its recipe below to learn more. Ideal for fish lovers. Easy to do but tasty, it can be prepared for your family menu or your get-togethers.
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 400g (14 ounces) fresh salmon
- 3 or 4 oranges
- 3 tablespoons dried chives
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) dried tagliatelle
preparation: 15 minutes
plus marinating time
cooking: 20 minutes
total: 1 h 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 466 (kcal) 24 % GDA (*)- 1948 (kJ)
Protein: 20.6 (g) 28 % GDA
Total fat: 19.6 (g) 29 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 52.2 (g) 20 % GDA
Sugars: 8.8 (g) 10 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (107 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for tagliatelle with salmon
- - Marinate salmon.
The first step is to remove salmon skin and cut its meat into cubes.
Put them in a bowl.
Squeeze oranges and cover fish cubes with orange juice.
Add 2 tablespoons chives, cover your bowl and let fish marinate for at least an hour.
- - Prepare pasta sauce and cook tagliatelle.
While you are cooking tagliatelle in abundant salt water, you have to prepare its sauce.
Transfer fish together with all its marinating juice into a non-stick frying pan.
Season to taste with salt and cook over a medium heat, stirring now and then, about 10 minutes.
Your sauce must not be too thick.
Cook tagliatelle "al dente" stage and drain.
Transfer tagliatelle into the pan with sauce.
Stir and cook over a fierce heat for a minute, stirring with a wooden spoon, in order all ingredients flavor well.
Turn off the stove.
Just before serving
- - Add remaining chives and olive oil.
- - Stir well. Your dish is ready!
- - Serve immediately.
- - Buying salmon, choose fillets to have better results. Prefer wild salmon and not farmed salmon.
- - Generally in Italy if we have some pasta left, we warm it up with excellent results. In this case I suggest not to warm up your tagliatelle combined with marinated salmon. So cook the right amount.
- - You can choose salmon tagliatelle in your daily menu as main dish or in a dinner party with other courses.
It's ideal for fish menu, in a meal, buffet-style, eg.
- - If you choose this salmon tagliatelle for your family menu you have to consider the presence of salmon and the protein amount. So combine it only with a vegetable dish. Raw or cooked vegetables dressed only with a teaspoon of olive oil per head. Another choice: complete your meal with fresh fruits.
Here are the doses per head: 60g (2.1 ounces) pasta, 100g (3 1/2 ounces) fresh salmon, 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, aromatic herbs and 1 medium-size orange.
- - This is a tomato-free sauce. So it's ideal for people who can't eat tomatoes.
What's the right wine for " Tagliatelle with fresh salmon "?
Our suggestion is: Vermentino di Sardegna (white wine of Sardinia)
Rating: 4.3 / vote cast: 4