Tagliatelle al salmone
Tagliatelle with fresh salmon Our original home cooking
- 400g (14 ounces) fresh salmon
- 3 or 4 oranges
- 3 tablespoons dried chives
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 250g (8 3/4 ounces) dried tagliatelle
preparation: 15 minutes
plus marinating time
cooking: 20 minutes
total: 1 h 30 minutes
- Nutrition Facts (amount per serving):
Calories: 466 (kCal) 24 % GDA (*) - 1948 (kJ)
Protein: 20.6 (g) 28 % GDA
Total fat: 19.6 (g) 29 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 52.2 (g) 20 % GDA
Sugars: 8.8 (g) 10 % GDA
Recipe for tagliatelle with salmon
- - Marinate salmon.
The first step is to remove salmon skin salmon and cut its meat into cubes.
Put them in a bowl.
Squeeze oranges and cover fish cubes with orange juice.
Add 2 tablespoons chives, cover your bowl and let fish marinate for at least an hour.
- - Prepare pasta sauce and cook tagliatelle.
While you are cooking tagliatelle in abundant salt water, you have to prepare its sauce.
Remember to follow the directions on the package to cook correctly the pasta or our instructions to have the best result.
Transfer fish together with all its marinating juice into a non-stick frying pan.
Season to taste with salt and cook over a medium heat, stirring now and then.
It takes about 10 minutes.
Your sauce must not be too reduced.
Cook tagliatelle "al dente" stage and drain.
Transfer tagliatelle into the pan with sauce.
Stir and cook over a fierce heat for a minute, stirring with a wooden spoon, in order all ingredients flavor well.
Turn off the stove.
Just before serving
- - Add remaining chives and olive oil.
- - Stir well. Your dish is ready!
- - Serve immediately.
- - Buying salmon, choose fillets to have better results. Prefer wild salmon and not farmed salmon (read more on our blog)
- - Generally in Italy if we have some pasta left we warm it up with excellent results. In this case we suggest not to warm up your tagliatelle combined with marinated salmon. Cook the right amount.
- - You can choose salmon tagliatelle in your daily menu as main dish or in a dinner party with other courses.
It's ideal for fish menu, in a meal, buffet-style, eg.
Read our themed menu ideas.
- - Here it is a fish menu, easy to do and cheap for your get-togethers.
Starter: crostini with seafood salad and crostinii, Naples-style. Pair bubbles as suggested below. Read our pages dedicated to Italian finger food, canapés and crostini for other ideas if you don't like my suggestions.
First course: salmon tagliatelle
Second course: assorted plate with grilled scallops, beccafico sardines and potato and cod pudding
Dessert: choose a seasonal cake such as apple pie or apple tart. In the page dedicated to Italian cakes and desserts you can find other sweet ideas.
- - If you choose this salmon tagliatelle for your family menu you have to consider the presence of salmon and the protein amount. So combine it only with a vegetable dish. Raw or cooked vegetables dressed only with a teaspoon of olive oil per head. Another choice: complete your meal with fresh fruits.
Here are the doses per head: 60g (2.1 ounces) pasta, 100g (3 1/2 ounces) fresh salmon, 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, aromatic herbs and 1 medium-size orange.
- - This is a tomato-free sauce. So it's ideal for people who can't eat tomatoes.
- - Do you want to know more about Italian pasta?
- - We remember you our original home recipes can be made without salt. Other recipes of mine or traditional examples of Italian cuisine?