Spaghetti alla carrettiera
Spaghetti with mushrooms, tuna and bacon Authentic Italian recipe
Carrettiera spaghetti is a dish rich in ingredients but it tastes fantastic. Enjoy it with your friends and family and once in a time don't think of calories and fat! You'll need good-quality ingredients for the best result. For example choose young, firm and aromatic fresh porcino mushrooms (Boletus species).
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 40g (1 1/2 ounce) bacon, cubed
- 60g (2 ounces) tuna in oil
- 150g (5 1/3 ounces) fresh"porcino" mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons meat sauce
- 280g (10 ounces) spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 50g (1 3/4 ounce) grated sharp Roman pecorino cheese
- Pepper, if liked
preparation: 15 minutes
plus time for the meat sauce
cooking: 30 minutes
total: 45 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 433 (kcal) 22 % GDA (*)- 1811 (kJ)
Protein: 18.6 (g) 38 % GDA
Total fat: 15.8 (g) 23 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 57.4 (g) 22 % GDA
Sugars: 4.2 (g) 5 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (111 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Brush off any earth from the mushrooms using a little knife or a soft toothbrush.
You should not wash them. Slice them.
Heat the oil in a pan. Cook the bacon and garlic in it.
When the garlic begins browning, remove it and add the mushrooms.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, simmer and continue cooking for 3 or 4 minutes over a low heat.
At this point add tuna, well drained and crumbled.
Cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce is reduced.
Meanwhile cook spaghetti al dente in a large kettle of boiling salted water according to the package directions.
Drain well and dress with the mushrooms sauce and with the meat sauce, reheated.
Serve with grated sharp Roman Pecorino cheese.
- - The first time we made this recipe, we used frozen Italian porcini (mushrooms) because the season was out and the recipe tastes fantastic in the same way.
- - We aren't use to fry bacon and garlic. For an healthy eating we add bacon and mushrooms to the oil and begin cooking all together on a low heat.
- - We cook pasta al dente so we can finish cooking it in the pan with the sauce. This is the secret to prepare a tasty Italian pasta dish.
- - Usually we don't add the meat sauce because the dish is very rich in ingredients. So we increase the doses of mushrooms and tuna.
- - You can use grated Parmesan cheese instead of Roman Pecorino one.
What's the right wine for " Spaghetti with mushrooms, tuna and bacon "?
Our suggestion is: Terre di Franciacorta Rosso (Lombardy - Italy).
A little history
The teamster "Checco" (diminutive of Francesco name in Roman) seems to be the inventor of this recipe according to the legend. But he used "tonno di prima corsa" (first running tuna), that is young. Nowadays it's impossible because we use tuna in oil in kitchen.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1