Spaghetti aglio, olio e peperoncino
Spaghetti with garlic and olive oil Authentic Italian recipe
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Little bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped (if you like)
- 300 g (10 1/2oz) dried spaghetti
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: 20 minutes
total time: 35 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 380 (kcal) 19 % GDA (*)- 1588 (kJ)
Protein: 8.2 (g) 17 % GDA
Total fat: 13.6 (g) 20 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 59.8 (g) 23 % GDA
Sugars: 3.6 (g) 4 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (166 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Spaghetti aglio and olio or with garlic and olive oil, a first course full of Mediterranean flavours (extra virgin olive oil and garlic).
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to the instructions on the package until al dente stage (tender but firm to the bite).
Meanwhile put the olive oil in a little saucepan with sliced garlic and chilli; cook very gently until golden, stirring. Do not let the garlic become too brown or it will taste bitter.
Add the parsley together with 2 tablespoons of boiling water where pasta is cooking. Simmer for some minutes. Drain well the pasta and toss with chilli and garlic oil.
- - If you want, you can remove the slices of garlic before tossing the pasta.
- - If you want an healthy recipe, saute the garlic in a bit of olive oil and add the remaining olive oil directly on the pasta.
What's the right wine for " Spaghetti with garlic and olive oil "?
Our suggestion is: Corvo Bianco (white wine from Italy).
Rating: 4 / vote cast: 3