Pasta con le melanzane
Pasta with aubergines Traditional Italian light recipe
Ingredients / Serves 1
- 70 g (2 1/2 oz) dry pasta
- 200 g (7 oz) aubergines (eggplants)
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Chilly, if liked
- 1 teaspoon pecorino cheese, grated
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: 40 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 409 (kcal) 21 % GDA (*)- 1711 (kJ)
Protein: 11.9 (g) 24 % GDA
Total fat: 13.5 (g) 20 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 63.7 (g) 24 % GDA
Sugars: 11.2 (g) 13 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (136 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
This recipe of pasta with aubergines (eggplants) is easy-to-do, quick and healthy, low fat and low in calories
Clean, wash and pat dry with kitchen paper the aubergines. Cut them into little pieces but remember not to peel them. Saute them in the olive oil using a non-stick frying pan. Stir frequently.
Meanwhile quarter the cherry tomatoes. Add them to the aubergines together with the garlic clove and aromatic herbs. Stir and let all the ingredients flavour. Then pour a ladle of hot water into the pan. Lower the heat and keep on cooking, half-covered, until the cooking juice is well retired.
Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large kettle of salted boiling water until al dente stage. Drain it and pour into the sauce. Flavour all the ingredients on high heat stirring continuously. Put on the plate and sprinkle with pecorino cheese.
- - You can choose the pasta shape you prefer. The best choice for an healthy recipe is whole-wheat pasta.
- - If you don't like garlic use more dried chives.
- - In summer you can prepare a pasta salad with this aubergine sauce. Follow our instructions to prepare the sauce. Cook and drain the pasta you've chosen and toss it with the sauce. Let the pasta rest for at least an hour before serving.
- - Complete your meal with a small fillet of meat or fish accompanied with raw vegetables (fennel in winter ... bell peppers in summer ...). Grill the meat or fish you've chosen and dress it with a teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle with lemon juice.
What's the right wine for " Pasta with aubergines "?
Our suggestion is: a glass of good red wine but remember in 100 g of red wine there are 75 kCal!
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1