Pasta con i broccoli
Pasta with broccoli Traditional Italian light recipes
Ingredients / Serves 2
- 140 g (5 oz) orecchiette (short pasta)
- 700 g (1.6 lb) broccoli
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons capers in vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: about 60 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 395 (kcal) 20 % GDA (*)- 1655 (kJ)
Protein: 14.6 (g) 30 % GDA
Total fat: 11.9 (g) 17 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 61.3 (g) 23 % GDA
Sugars: 8.6 (g) 10 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (129 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Pasta with broccoli is a very simple recipe Carlo and I are used to make many times in winter.
Broccoli are healthy food and so they should be eaten frequently in autumn and winter.
Clean the broccoli and break off its florets. We also use the inside part of their stalk; it's tender. In Italy we use to cut it into pieces. We call them tozzetti. Tozzetti are very tasty. Wash and steam the broccoli. Let them cool and then cut into smaller pieces.
Cook the pasta "al dente" stage following our instructions.
Meanwhile put the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and then add the anchovy fillets, capers and cauliflower. Let all the ingredients flavour for few minutes on low heat stirring now and then.
Drain the pasta and pour it into the pan. Let all the ingredients flavour on high heat for a minute stirring with delicacy.
Serve the pasta dish hot.
Put on the table a little bowl with grated Parmesan cheese. So everyone will be able to sprinkle it on the top only if liked.
- - You can choose the short pasta shape you prefer: orecchiette, penne, rigatoni, fusilli ...
- - In the nutrition facts there is no grated Parmesan cheese
- - We remember our home recipes can be made without salt; there is a combination of flavours that substitutes salt. Besides we use no garlic but you can add it if liked. In this case you can not use anchovy fillets and capers and you have a perfect vegan recipe.
- - Complete your meal with boiled or raw vegetables dressed with a tablespoon of olive oil and with seasonal fruit. So you can have healthy food according to the Mediterranean diet.
- - If you want to drink a glass of wine remember you have to add 80-85 kCal per 100 ml.
What's the right wine for " Pasta with broccoli "?
Our suggestion is: a white wine or a young red wine
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1