Tagliatelle con radicchio e pesce spada
Tagliatelle with radicchio and swordfish Our original home cooking
Tagliatelle with radicchio and swordfish is not only a first course according to an Italian menu but a perfect one-plate meal. It's ideal for your lunch because it includes the right amount of carbohydrates, protein and fat. Pair a glass of good-quality wine such as Cerasuolofrom Abruzzo to this pasta dish.
Ingredienti / Dosi per 2
- 160g (5.6 ounces) emmer or wholemeal tagliatelle
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) natural sliced swordfish
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) radicchio
- 30g (1 ounce) stoned green olives
- 1 400g (14 ounces) can peeled tomatoes
- 50g (1 3/4 ounce) onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: 25 minutes
total: 40 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 523 (kcal) 27 % GDA (*)- 2190 (kJ)
Protein: 27.8 (g) 56 % GDA
Total fat: 17.5 (g) 25 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 57.5 (g) 22 % GDA
Sugars: 9.2 (g) 11 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (110 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Recipe for tagliatelle with radicchio and swordfish
- - Clean and wash radicchio.
Cut it into thin strips.
- - Chop onion.
- - Open your tomato can, pour into a bowl and crush with a fork.
- - Cut swordfish into thin strips, 1 or 2 cm large.
- - Halve green olives.
- - Gently brown onions in olive oil on low heat.
Add your radicchio.
Let all ingredients flavor, stirring frequently.
- - Add tomatoes too, after few minutes.
- - Season to taste with salt and cook, 5 minutes.
- - Meanwhile, bring to a boil a plenty of salted water where you have to cook your tagliatelle al dente.
Follow the instructions on the package
Just before serving
- - Drain your tagliatelle, transfer into the pan with yoour sauce together with swordfish, olives and aromatic herbs.
- - Stir with delicacy and let all ingredients flavor on high heat.
- - Your tagliatelle with radicchio and swordfish are ready!
- - I generally prepare this pasta dish with emmer tagliatelle as you can see in the photo but you can use the pasta you prefer even short pasta.
- - I don't suggest tagliatelle with radicchio and swordfish for a special event because a lot of people don't like radicchio. So if you want to prepare this pasta dish for your casual get-together you have to ask your guests if they like its ingredients.
- - Tagliatelle with radicchio and swordfish is ideal for your lunch, especially your Sunday lunch.
On Sundays I have more time to dedicated to cooking and so I like to try new combinations using seasonal ingredients. My recipe was born in this way :))
Useful links for this recipe
- - Read more about Italian pasta and its nutrition value. I remember you that if you like healthy eating you should choose wholemeal or emmer pasta.
- - I remember you my original home recipes can be made without salt; there is a combination of flavors that substitutes salt. Other no salt recipes on the Italian cooking page
- - Tagliatelle with swordfish and radicchio is ideal for your lunch. As I mentioned in the introduction, in the same dish there is a perfect combination of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. It is a real one-plate meal. Complete your menu with a glass of wine and/or fresh fruit.
Here are the doses per head: 80g (2.8 ounces) tagliatelle, 50g (1 3/4 ounce) natural sliced swordfish, 50g (1 3/4 ounce) radicchio, aromatic herbs, a little piece of onion, 2 peeled tomatoes, 2 teaspoons olive oil.
What's the right wine for " Tagliatelle with radicchio and swordfish "?
Carlo and I generally pair Cerasuolo from Abruzzi to tagliatelle with swordfish and radicchio.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1