Insalata di pasta caprese
Pasta salad, Capri-style Our original home cooking
This pasta salad, Caprese style is a very tasty summer dish to be served cold. It's a recipe of mine. You'll need: good-quality pasta, ripe tomatoes, black olives, anchovy fillets, mozzarella, chives, basil and olive oil. Simple ingredients for a simple-to-do recipe! Pair it with a white wine, more details below. This may also be a typical recipe for Mediterranean diet if you use wholemeal pasta ;))
Ingredients / Serves 6
- 350g (12 1/3 ounces) short pasta (fusilli or penne)
- 7 ripe but firm tomatoes, peeled and cubed
- 80g (2.8 ounces) black olives, stoned
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried or fresh chives
- 200g (7 ounces) mozzarella cheese, cubed or 20 cherry mozzarella cheese
- 12 leaves of fresh basil
- 4 Tbsp plus 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 15 minutes
cooking: about 20 minutes
total time: 20 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: 427 (kcal) 22 % GDA (*)- 1784 (kJ)
Protein: 13.7 (g) 28 % GDA
Total fat: 19.7 (g) 29 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 51.7 (g) 20 % GDA
Sugars: 8.0 (g) 9 % GDA
Look at infographic of nutrition facts
Download free PDF version (193 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Pasta salad, Capri-style recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Prepare pasta salad dressing.
- - Put anchovy pieces in a great bowl together with olive oil and chives. Stir accurately.
- - Now add chopped tomatoes.
- - Halve black olives and add to the bowl.
- - Wash basil leaves and pat dry with kitchen paper.
Cut them by hands and add to the bowl.
Remember to put 2 to 3 whole leaves apart to garnish your dish.
- - Season to taste with salt and stir with delicacy. Put apart.
- - Cook pasta and combine it with the sauce.
Bring a kettle of salted water to the boil.
Cook pasta al dente stage.
Drain your pasta, run under cold water in order to stop cooking and drain well again.
Add pasta to the bowl.
Stir with delicacy.
Just before serving
- - And cherry mozzarellas?
Little mozzarellas are preserved in specific liquid.
Put them in a colander to remove the excess of liquid an hour before to use them (if it's hot put the colander in the fridge).
Add them to your pasta just before serving it.
- - Your Caprese pasta salad is ready!
- - You can serve this Capri-style pasta salad as soon as you prepare it or after an hour without chilling it if you don't like pasta salad preserved in the fridge.
On the contrary you can prepare this pasta salad in advance, chill and bring it back to room temperature half an hour to an hour before serving.
In every case add cherry mozzarellas at the last minute.
- - In summer prefer fresh chives for a better taste.
- - You can choose this pasta salad for you and your family in summer menus or prepare it for a special occasion.
It's ideal in a meal, buffet-style, a garden party, a BBQ menu, alfresco dinner or, in other words, every time you have to plan a summer party.
- - Everyone will like it. It is a successful choice and you can combine it with fish or meat course too, without any problem for a tasty full menu. Consult our meat and fish directories to find your favorite recipes. Links below.
Useful links for this recipe
- - This pasta salad, Caprese-style is a typical one-plate meal for summer if chosen for your family menu.
You can complete your meal with seasonal fresh fruit.
This pasta salad has a lot of ingredients. To stay within the daily nutrition values I had to lower the normal portion of pasta.
The doses per head are: 60g (2.1 ounces) pasta, 6-8 black olives (stoned), a big or even two big ripe tomatoes (pay no attention to the amount of tomatoes ... it seems to have a fuller plate if there are a lot of vegetables and for those who are eternally hungry it's a good trick, isn't it?), 3 cherry mozzarellas, a little anchovy fillet in oil and 2 tsp olive oil.
I remember you pasta should be eaten preferably at lunch.
What's the right wine for " Pasta salad, Capri-style "?
Match this pasta salad to Fiano di Avellino (white wine from Campania - Italy).
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 3