Insalata di pasta con coniglio e tartufo
Italian pasta salad with black truffle and rabbit Our original home cooking
Some evenings ago Carlo and I have a friend of ours at dinner, very expert in cooking. So I created a new and original pasta salad with interesting ingredients. It’s so tasty and refined you can prepare it for a special occasion, a refined BBQ, a buffet for a celebration …
Its ingredients are: good-quality pasta (I used emmer pasta for our friend likes it very much like me and my husband but you can choose the kind of pasta you prefer), rabbit, black truffle slices in oil, tuna in oil, hard-boiled eggs, onion, carrot, celery, chives, extra virgin olive oil. The recipe below!
Ingredients / Serves 8
- 300g (10 1/2 ounces) penne pasta
- 500g (1.1 pound) rabbit thighs
- 1 90g (3.2 ounces) can black truffle slices in oil
- 1 80g (2.8 ounces) can tuna in oil
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 little onion, peeled
- 1 celery stalk, cleaned and washed
- Fresh chives, according your taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
preparation: 45 minutes
cooking: 1 hour and 30 minutes
total: 2 hour and 15 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
Calories: n.c. (kcal) - n.c. (kJ)
Protein: n.c. (g)
Total fat: n.c. (g)
Total carbohydrate: n.c. (g)
Sugars: n.c. (g)
Download free PDF version (13 download).
or use QRCode with your smartphone
Rabbit-and-black-truffle pasta salad recipe
Preparation and cooking
- The day before.
- - The day after.
Cook pasta al dente stage following the instructions on the package.
Meanwhile boil eggs, let them cool in cold water, shell and separate yolks from whites.
Crush them with a fork and transfer in a large bowl.
Add all rabbit meat well drained from preserving oil.
Add chives too.
Drain pasta, run under cold water to stop its cooking.
Drain again and transfer to the bowl.
Drain black truffle slices from preserving oil but put apart it (you need it just before serving).
Add all truffle slices to the bowl and stir.
Season to taste with salt, if necessary.
Cover and let your pasta salad rest for almost an hour before serving.
Boil rabbit in abundant salt water in which you have added onion, carrot and celery too.
Boil until rabbit meat is tender.
Turn off the stove and let rabbit cool in its cooking water.
Then bone it, cut its meat into thin strips and put in a little bowl.
Drain tuna in oil well, transfer it in a little dish and crush with a fork.
Add to the bowl.
Cover with olive oil and chill overnight.
Just before serving
- - Just before serving add some teaspoons truffle oil and stir.
- - My tip is to prepare this pasta salad some hours ahead.
- - Some of you, used to find nutrition facts of my recipes, is wondering, for sure, ... and calories, fats ...? never mind. It is better. Impossible to calculate the right amount of olive oil. On the other hand this is a dish that you make rarely, right?
- - This rabbit-and-black-truffle pasta salad serves 8 only if you serve it in a full menu. On the contrary, if you plan it for your family menu, it must be a single-course meal and serves 4.
- - If you are interested in a full menu, Italian style with this pasta salad, look at the next paragraph.
Useful links for this recipe
- - I often use black truffle in my dishes because I had learned to use it since I was a girl.
Usually, my husband and I buy black truffle online. Look at the page of our favorite retailer Italia Tartufi
- - If you are interested in black truffle properties and uses in cooking, have a look at our page dedicated to black truffle.
- - Want to know my full menu with this pasta salad? here's my summer menu!
What's the right wine for " Italian pasta salad with black truffle and rabbit "?
Pair a red wine such as Bardolino (wine from Veneto) to this pasta salad.
Rating: 5 / vote cast: 1